FS: Pono Baritone Ukulele Spruce/Acacia Slot head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling my Pono Baritone (ABSH-SP) Spruce/Acacia Slot head ukulele. This ukulele is in great condition and well taken care of. This uke was picked up from HMS.

There is just some slight discoloration on the nut bone and bridge bone. Not sure why this is. The ukulele comes restrung with D'Addario EJ87B Titanium Ukulele, Baritone (EJ87B) strings. Comes with an Oahu wooden case. The case handle is a little loose so I duct taped it up but works great! I'm thinning the herd due to baby.

Asking SOLD plus shipping CONUS.

DSCF5746.jpg
DSCF5747.jpg
DSCF5749.jpg
DSCF5751.jpg
DSCF5752.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a new Pono MT tenor which has brownish/pinkish bone saddle, similar to yours - maybe even darker. Not a bleached bone. I haven't seen this before, except on luthier-made ukes, so I don't know how common or uncommon it may be for Pono. But it sounds really good, and that's what matters.

Last edited:
I just got a new Pono MT tenor which has brownish/pinkish bone saddle, similar to yours - maybe even darker. Not a bleached bone. I haven't seen this before, except on luthier-made ukes, so I don't know how common or uncommon it may be for Pono. But it sounds really good, and that's what matters.

Ya mine came like that too. I was a little surprised.

The bone saddles on my Pono 2017 ATD turned a pinkish brown while the saddle on my Pono 2017 MGT did not. I suspect that the ATD changed color because the bridge on it was very dry and I treated it with some Music Nomad F-One Oil. I think I used too much and the oil was absorbed into the bone. This was the first time I used the oil and I didn't wipe all of the excess out of the slot after treating the wood.

I also treated the bridge on the mango tenor, but I was very sparing with the oil and I quickly wiped it off after treating it. Blotting up all of the excess. I also avoided the slot. It did not turn a darker color. Nor have the saddles on any of my other Ponos. They have under-saddle pickups, so I haven't treated the bridge on any of them.

Hi all. Just doing a price bump. Reduced the price to $500 plus shipping CONUS. Also swapped out the strings to Baritone strings.

thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom