[WTB] higher-ish tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy

Reaction score
Curious what is out there that maybe you've thought of rehoming but just havent pulled the trigger on selling. I'm looking specifically tenor neck options.

Anuenue Moonbird
Rebel Particle
Rebel Quark
Rebel Cheesecake (Super concert, slimline)
Koaloha Pineapple Sunday (spruce preferred)
Koaloha tenor/tenor neck (spruce preferred)

I currently have a Double cream mango, ktm, and opio spruce.

also, if anyone knows how to add a strike through text please let me know

Last edited:
Ok so I made up my mind, specifically looking for a moonbird tenor. A new one is a little out of my price range so maybe someone is willing to sell one they haven't been playing.

Right now the aNueNue Moonbird ukes, and the UT200 tenor in particular, are in very high demand. If you do see one listed it will not be discounted very much if it is in excellent condition.

EBay currently has an Anuenue Moonbird tenor for sale ($1,400), but this site won't let me post a link to it (I get a "forbidden" message).

Last edited:
I can give you some first hand information about ordering from Hong Kong. I left a reply to a thread from Bootstrap looking for a Moonbird. Easier for you just to look up his thread and see my information. Let me just say by the time you negotiate what little wiggle room they’ll give, pay for shipping and tax you’ll be pretty close to $1500. The kicker is though, it was shipped 56 days ago and I still haven’t received it. Not only that but there isn’t any tracking information. I was recently told by them that it could take up to 66 days. Not confident in that number at this point! Anyway there really weren’t any other Moonbirds for sale so I went for it. If I’d have known what was going to happen I would have passed on the purchase! However, as everyone says they are fantastic ukuleles!

I can give you some first hand information about ordering from Hong Kong. I left a reply to a thread from Bootstrap looking for a Moonbird. Easier for you just to look up his thread and see my information. Let me just say by the time you negotiate what little wiggle room they’ll give, pay for shipping and tax you’ll be pretty close to $1500. The kicker is though, it was shipped 56 days ago and I still haven’t received it. Not only that but there isn’t any tracking information. I was recently told by them that it could take up to 66 days. Not confident in that number at this point! Anyway there really weren’t any other Moonbirds for sale so I went for it. If I’d have known what was going to happen I would have passed on the purchase! However, as everyone says they are fantastic ukuleles!

Copy that. Yeah it looks like my best bet is a used one (doubtful) or ill just got direct with Anuenue USA. Going to try to sell some other stuff to get to a new one. Thanks for your insight, greatly appreciated.

There is a maker here in Corvallis--Dave Thormalehn--that makes harps primarily. He also make fine mandolins. For fun, he makes ukuleles (tenors) and charges too little for them. I have two. They are well-made, constructed of solid woods (one of mine is black walnut, the other koa), and they have fantastic radiused fretboards and geared tuners. $640-ish...

They are at the Fingerboard Extension in Corvallis, OR. This is an astonishing value.

Thanks for the heads up. Sent a message last night but haven't heard. I may close this thread and retitle it. Apparently they're out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom