New Martin Hat

I just got that email too. Too bad I'm a Taylor man.

Hey, isn't that how many ukuleles you have?

plus it appears to be a flatbill, not a good look for us old guys. do they have a "dadhat" option?

I rarely wear ballcaps - I'm a full brim kind of guy. (Fedora, panama, Tilley... keep the sun/rain/snow off of my glasses and the back of my neck.)

What's a "dad hat"?

Bend it like Beckham

Yes! I think that's a more or less regular bill. A true flat-bill would be hard to bend. It's funny how the style of the bill has changed. A curve was traditionally worn by younger guys, while old fogies tended to have flat, as if they didn't know it should be curved. I grew up with curved, and I'm stickin' with it.

I rarely wear ballcaps - I'm a full brim kind of guy. (Fedora, panama, Tilley... keep the sun/rain/snow off of my glasses and the back of my neck.)

What's a "dad hat"?

I always wear a hat when I'm outside - protection for my head. A cap is basic, so that's my go-to. I have nine hats for ukulele - fedoras, caps, porkpie, trilby, skimmer, top hat, derby (100+ years old from my grandfather), and straw trilbies. I hope I don't buy any more.

1833 is G#Maj7 but I have small hands and find it an impossible reach. I will not be having a hat made with 0:8:8:11 emblazoned upon it, but it is a pleasant sounding inversion.

John Colter

What is the significance of the 1833 chord? Ab Ab G C

Good one!!! Made me laugh out loud.

I got that email too. Why does Martin have this obsession with dull gray ukulele cloth gig bags, gray hats... simple white on black is sharper.

Pete

Top Bottom