Romero Creations D Ho Signature Baritone Ukulele

Hi Tom

To play it E-E use the highest tension classical guitar strings. Because of the short scale length even those will seem a bit floppy on the 6th and 5th string. Oasis high tension florocarbon strings were a good match.

Also Pepe Romero has a set made specifically for those instruments. Baritone Guilele Set : SET UG2, see attached picture.

View attachment 128293

Dave,

Thanks for the Info. The instrument is scheduled to arrive on Saturday. I’ll try and give a short review in a few days after it’s arrival.

Tom

Dave,

Thanks for the Info. The instrument is scheduled to arrive on Saturday. I’ll try and give a short review in a few days after it’s arrival.

Tom

I look forward to hear your feedback of the D Ho 6! Interested also in this instrument, but only have budget for either this or a Grand Tenor at the moment..

The Romero DHO=6 has arrived. I’ve had it for 5 days, now. As described by others, the sound is very resonant, projects well ((as you would expect in a top notch classical guitar. Structurally, it is flawless which is typical of any Romero Creation ukulele and guitar. The intonation is spot on. The strings tension is great (similar to a standard classical). The setup is great The only issue I’ve had is the string spacing. It took some time for me to get use to the spacing.

I don’t know what else to say about it. It’s a Keeper!

If anyone has a question, I will be glad to try and answer

Tom

Thanks for posting your feedback! Great to hear the positive review. With the bigger TT body, is it easy to hold and play without the strap? thx
Really tempted now..

Thanks for posting your feedback! Great to hear the positive review. With the bigger TT body, is it easy to hold and play without the strap? thx
Really tempted now..

Yes, sitting down I use a foot stool and hold it like a classical guitar. If I stood up a lot I might install a strap button.

Tom

Top Bottom