Thread: Chord Chart up the neck

Default Chord Chart up the neck

Can some one give me a link to a chord chart that shows all of the chords that are played up the neck? TIA johnny smash

Hi Johnny Smash. That would be impossible because everything can be played up the neck. The possibilities are almost endless. Instead of a convenient chart, here's what I did:

For every chord quality you are interested in (major triad, dominant 7, 9, minor, etc) find a movable shape/barre chord with its root on the G string, the C string, the E string, and the A string. Once you have those four chord shapes, you can move up and down the fret board to whichever root note you want.

There are some books out there that have all these shapes printed out, but I didn't want to assume that you have access to them in Thailand.

This is not an all-in-one chord chart, but it does show you the different variations of a specified chord as you move up the neck. Simple select a particular chord, then continue to click the arrow beside the chord chart to see all of the variations possible going up the neck.

https://ukuleletricks.com/ukulele-chords/
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

My buddy put these together back in 08, but they still show multiple voicing options in a useful, low to high layout: https://liveukulele.com/chords/#charts.
    Brad Bordessa

My guide to fretting and fingering (NEW): Left Hand Technique for 'Ukulele

I use the SmartChord app that shows all possible variations for all types of chords. Also has a bunch of other useful tools. Even the free version is pretty loaded up with features

Thread Information