Chord Chart up the neck

Hi Johnny Smash. That would be impossible because everything can be played up the neck. The possibilities are almost endless. Instead of a convenient chart, here's what I did:

For every chord quality you are interested in (major triad, dominant 7, 9, minor, etc) find a movable shape/barre chord with its root on the G string, the C string, the E string, and the A string. Once you have those four chord shapes, you can move up and down the fret board to whichever root note you want.

There are some books out there that have all these shapes printed out, but I didn't want to assume that you have access to them in Thailand.

This is not an all-in-one chord chart, but it does show you the different variations of a specified chord as you move up the neck. Simply select a particular chord, then continue to click the arrow beside the chord chart to see all of the variations possible going up the neck.

https://ukuleletricks.com/ukulele-chords/

Last edited:
I use the SmartChord app that shows all possible variations for all types of chords. Also has a bunch of other useful tools. Even the free version is pretty loaded up with features

This is interesting in terms of epistemology. You guys outsource the info and rely on computers. I consulted some books, like Brad's great book, and boiled down the concepts and inserted it in my head. I am in awe to a degree because I would never even think of the computer when facing a music problem. It just shows the breadth of human resourcefulness.

Books - ah yes, I remember them well.

John Colter

What I’m looking for is a chord form like C7 and others
up the neck on all the frets and each chord name.

If you know the alphabet from A to G and can count frets, you can easily figure out all the chords all the way up the neck starting on the C7 chord and going up and down the neck. Chord charts are unnecessary. Just remember there is only one fret between B and C, and only one between E and F. All the other chords skip a fret to the next letter. The chords in the middle of A and B can be either A# or Bb depending on which key you are in. Et cetera with the chords between the rest, eg. between D and E is either D# or Eb...and on and on.

I find it easy to remember which chords fall on the dots. You can easily subtract or add letters to figure out chich chord you are on, or you are looking for.

If you know the alphabet from A to G and can count frets, you can easily figure out all the chords all the way up the neck starting on the C7 chord and going up and down the neck. Chord charts are unnecessary. Just remember there is only one fret between B and C, and only one between E and F. All the other chords skip a fret to the next letter. The chords in the middle of A and B can be either A# or Bb depending on which key you are in. Et cetera with the chords between the rest, eg. between D and E is either D# or Eb...and on and on.

I find it easy to remember which chords fall on the dots. You can easily subtract or add letters to figure out chich chord you are on, or you are looking for.
Bunny Catcher Elmer Fudd. B/C, E/F.

It's really all you need to remember to figure out most of music.

Here are some basic Ma, 7, m and a dim shape that can be moved up or down the neck. The little arrows point to the root of the chord. Diminished shapes can use any note as a root. Simply count up using a chromatic scale to find the proper placement of the chord.

moveable uke chords 1.jpg
moveable uke chords 2.jpg

Top Bottom