Kamaka HF-2 Concert vs. HF-1L Long Neck Soprano

My vote will be for the concert if just based on sound alone. But I got the standard instead, as it is the most comfortable for my short stubby fingers.

In my humble opinion, the concert has the fuller voice and longer sustain out of all. The body really vibrates hard when even lightly strummed. Both the standard and long neck are about the same for volume and sustain except that the standard has a brighter voice.

The standard and long neck are just as good and I’m just nit-picking only. Only thing I dislike on the concert is the head stock design. It’s unique but not for me though.

Haha, I completely agreed until the end; I love the sail design on the headstock.

Interesting blind sound test. Yes, I guessed them all but then I have a few Kamakas. I liked the sound of the long neck soprano over the standard but liked the concert best. My go to uke is an Otha San with concert body and longer neck or long neck tenor. When I was at the factory I spent some time playing the long neck,soprano cause I thought it was what I wanted. Left after special ordering the Otha San for lots more money., That was 8 years ago and I’ve never regretted it. Enjoy!

I liked the standard soprano best. To me the intonation was better than the other two. Also, i preferred the overall sound of the standard.

Tom

That was fun. I could tell which was the concert. The one I liked the best I turned out to be the standard soprano. I tend to love standard sopranos, but I actually thought I had picked the long neck. Turned out I has the sopranos mixed up. I was actually pleased to see that the one I legit liked the best without knowing was the standard.

Haha, that was fun, thanks for sharing! So happy I preferred the long neck since that's what I own (pineapple though).

Could have sworn it's the standard one though. I think the long neck sounds the most "traditional" in the recording.

Top Bottom