Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U Bass ???

I did it , just ordered the Hadean 23" scale u Bass .

Well I did it . I just ordered a Hadean 23" U bass😁

Quote Originally Posted by RIng View Post
    Well I did it . I just ordered a Hadean 23" U bass��
    Did you get the acoustic or the solid body?

Electric acoustic longer scale and bigger body . 23" scale .

Yes, the Lanikai bass is standard tuning. From all the options that are available now, I think I'd go for the Lanikai: Slightly longer scale, but still playable and small, nice looking wood options, and just overall pleasingly designed.

I have one of the very first U-Basses made by Kala. I love it, but I hardly ever play it. It's great for trying bass lines, and cool to have such a portable option for adding depth when playing along with others, but playing the bass by myself doesn't fulfill me. I know there are some great virtuoso bass players that are interesting to listen to and watch, but that isn't where I'm at.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Yes, the Lanikai bass is standard tuning. From all the options that are available now, I think I'd go for the Lanikai: Slightly longer scale, but still playable and small, nice looking wood options, and just overall pleasingly designed.

I have one of the very first U-Basses made by Kala. I love it, but I hardly ever play it. It's great for trying bass lines, and cool to have such a portable option for adding depth when playing along with others, but playing the bass by myself doesn't fulfill me. I know there are some great virtuoso bass players that are interesting to listen to and watch, but that isn't where I'm at.
    I ordered the Hadean 23" scale with bigger body . Similar to the Lanikai . I have several Lanikai and do not expect the Hadean to have the work workmanship of a Lanikai, 1/3 the price b.��

I'm not sure it will be a huge difference from the Lanikai though. I bought a cheap uke bass off Amazon a few years back, and while the details aren't as nice as a Kala, the Kala doesn't play four times as nice - I barely notice a difference from an entry level Kala, actually. One caveat, I had to buy a fret file. But the Hadean should be more nicely finished than what I got.

If you become obsessed with playing bass, you can upgrade later, if not, it's nice to have the bass for the occasion when you feel like noodling without a big investment. I'd probably do the same thing if I wanted to go up to 23" (I do, but don't play enough to justify it).
    Last edited by glennerd; 06-29-2020 at 04:25 AM.
    Glenn

The days of having to play bass by yourself are over. The free course I recommend Chord Tone Lessons has great backing tracks, as do Ed Friedlandís books. And I am sure there are many others in various musical genres.

Also, record a tune on Garage Band and add your bass part. Have friends send you tracks that you can download onto Garage Band or whatever you use. My group is composed of me in Hawaii, Jordan in California and Igor Leonardi in Slovenia. We send tracks to each other and build our compositions. No problem and high quality. I have also worked with musicians in France.

A very simple and reliable interface I use is called Irig made by Apogee.
    No drivers. Very simple and very good quality and I believe it was relatively inexpensive. Chord from my bass to the Irig and then the Irig goes USB into my MacBook.
    Last edited by Kimosabe; 06-29-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Just got my Hadean 23" . The out side box had a lot of damage but it looks as if the u Bass is not damaged . I don't know how to post pictures here . I will put some up on FB . Quick service and so far I am happy with all . I have a Roland Micro Cube , from what I understand I should not run the bass through it????. After looking on YouTube I came across ukulele Wales . She seems to have slow easy lessons , just what I need .

Quote Originally Posted by RIng View Post
    Just got my Hadean 23" . The out side box had a lot of damage but it looks as if the u Bass is not damaged . I don't know how to post pictures here . I will put some up on FB . Quick service and so far I am happy with all . I have a Roland Micro Cube , from what I understand I should not run the bass through it????. After looking on YouTube I came across ukulele Wales . She seems to have slow easy lessons , just what I need .
    I played mine acoustic for the longest time before I got an amp. Started with a VOX headphone amp and then got a Fly3 Bass. Still, I mostly play unplugged.
    Glenn

Thread Information