Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: U Bass ???

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I did it , just ordered the Hadean 23" scale u Bass .

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Well I did it . I just ordered a Hadean 23" U bass😁

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, near the Beverly Center.
    Posts
    5,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RIng View Post
    Well I did it . I just ordered a Hadean 23" U bass��
    Did you get the acoustic or the solid body?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Electric acoustic longer scale and bigger body . 23" scale .

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CH
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Yes, the Lanikai bass is standard tuning. From all the options that are available now, I think I'd go for the Lanikai: Slightly longer scale, but still playable and small, nice looking wood options, and just overall pleasingly designed.

    I have one of the very first U-Basses made by Kala. I love it, but I hardly ever play it. It's great for trying bass lines, and cool to have such a portable option for adding depth when playing along with others, but playing the bass by myself doesn't fulfill me. I know there are some great virtuoso bass players that are interesting to listen to and watch, but that isn't where I'm at.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Yes, the Lanikai bass is standard tuning. From all the options that are available now, I think I'd go for the Lanikai: Slightly longer scale, but still playable and small, nice looking wood options, and just overall pleasingly designed.

    I have one of the very first U-Basses made by Kala. I love it, but I hardly ever play it. It's great for trying bass lines, and cool to have such a portable option for adding depth when playing along with others, but playing the bass by myself doesn't fulfill me. I know there are some great virtuoso bass players that are interesting to listen to and watch, but that isn't where I'm at.
    I ordered the Hadean 23" scale with bigger body . Similar to the Lanikai . I have several Lanikai and do not expect the Hadean to have the work workmanship of a Lanikai, 1/3 the price b.��

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    the we(s)t coast, Canada
    Posts
    735

    Default

    I'm not sure it will be a huge difference from the Lanikai though. I bought a cheap uke bass off Amazon a few years back, and while the details aren't as nice as a Kala, the Kala doesn't play four times as nice - I barely notice a difference from an entry level Kala, actually. One caveat, I had to buy a fret file. But the Hadean should be more nicely finished than what I got.

    If you become obsessed with playing bass, you can upgrade later, if not, it's nice to have the bass for the occasion when you feel like noodling without a big investment. I'd probably do the same thing if I wanted to go up to 23" (I do, but don't play enough to justify it).
    Last edited by glennerd; 06-29-2020 at 04:25 AM.
    Glenn

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    734

    Default

    The days of having to play bass by yourself are over. The free course I recommend Chord Tone Lessons has great backing tracks, as do Ed Friedlandís books. And I am sure there are many others in various musical genres.

    Also, record a tune on Garage Band and add your bass part. Have friends send you tracks that you can download onto Garage Band or whatever you use. My group is composed of me in Hawaii, Jordan in California and Igor Leonardi in Slovenia. We send tracks to each other and build our compositions. No problem and high quality. I have also worked with musicians in France.

    A very simple and reliable interface I use is called Irig made by Apogee.
    No drivers. Very simple and very good quality and I believe it was relatively inexpensive. Chord from my bass to the Irig and then the Irig goes USB into my MacBook.
    Last edited by Kimosabe; 06-29-2020 at 06:44 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Just got my Hadean 23" . The out side box had a lot of damage but it looks as if the u Bass is not damaged . I don't know how to post pictures here . I will put some up on FB . Quick service and so far I am happy with all . I have a Roland Micro Cube , from what I understand I should not run the bass through it????. After looking on YouTube I came across ukulele Wales . She seems to have slow easy lessons , just what I need .

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    the we(s)t coast, Canada
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RIng View Post
    Just got my Hadean 23" . The out side box had a lot of damage but it looks as if the u Bass is not damaged . I don't know how to post pictures here . I will put some up on FB . Quick service and so far I am happy with all . I have a Roland Micro Cube , from what I understand I should not run the bass through it????. After looking on YouTube I came across ukulele Wales . She seems to have slow easy lessons , just what I need .
    I played mine acoustic for the longest time before I got an amp. Started with a VOX headphone amp and then got a Fly3 Bass. Still, I mostly play unplugged.
    Glenn

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •