Season 437 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Inescapable in these parts. I didn't yell loud enough, however.

When the host PMs you and brings your attention to a song that might fit the week it is imperative you act on it as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: If this wasn't so clearly a parody I'd feel very uncomfortable singing about some of the themes in this song but damn if that chorus isn't infectious.

I love this melancholy song by Fleet Foxes.

This is another song about mountains that are not "real" mountains. This is my take on Mountains of things by Tracy Chapman.

The Mountains of Mourne. A letter home from a young Irishman who's left home and gone to London to seek his fortune. It's a commentary and gentle dig at mid Victorian England.

quite possibly THE only song, for days when you'd climb the andes soley to count the freckles on your beloved's body, and your breasts are sufficiently small and humble not to be confused with mountains

"whenever wherever" by shakira

Here's one by Of Monsters and Men. It's great because I get to use the 5500 Fmaj7 chord that Jim brought to my attention ages ago. Chelle very kindly agreed to help out with the chorus too.

For those that are interested in these things, the electric uke is plugged into my Digitech multi-effect pedal and then into a Vox amp plug and some laptop speakers. I also added some boost and reverb to all three tracks i did while I was putting them together. I believe Chelle did something similar to hers.

When the host PMs you and brings your attention to a song that might fit the week it is imperative you act on it as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: If this wasn't so clearly a parody I'd feel very uncomfortable singing about some of the themes in this song but damn if that chorus isn't infectious.

Beat me to it!

thank you Jim
my third and final for this week
an original for the season

You might think from the title " Our Mother the Mountain" that this would be about some benevolent force of nature....but it's the opposite. One of Townes VZ's darkest.

Here's my contribution this week... It is 5 minutes long, but I hope you stick with it for the conclusion to the story and the images of mountains including Catalonia's beloved Montserrat.

This is a kind of counterpoint to an earlier song of mine in which the age difference between a couple makes little difference to their love. Perhaps my narrator is the same guy, but he has realised his folly. :)

This song was a collaboration with a guy called Sean Ryder who I "met" during FAWM 2017. He had this wonderful suggestive melody/improvisation and I had a story that I thought fitted his music well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy:

Top Bottom