Season 437 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Greetings,

Hope all are well. I included a painting I did of the sunflowers In Tuscany transposed with my vid. Hope it worked.

Ciao

My third is an original song. It's about mountains though it does not seem to mention mountains. However a "Fell" is what a mountain is called locally. It comes from Old Norse.

Lyrics and Chords (Just two chords)

Over Moor and Fell
by Geoff Walker

[G]I travelled over moor and fell.
[G]Where was I going? Where was I going?
[G]Where was I going? I could not [D7]tell.

[G]I wandered down the deeping dale.
[G]Where was I going? Where was I going?
[G]Where was I going? I could not [D7]tell.

I came upon a peaceful place.
I sat me down, I sat me down,
I sat me down to take a rest.

A bubbling beck flowed down the gill
I took a drink, I took a drink,
I took a drink and drank my fill

I clambered up a steep fell side
I looked ahead across the plain
I looked ahead at the peaceful sight

[G]And then I knew, and then I knew
[G]And then I knew were I was [D7]going
[D7]Where I [G]was going, [D7]where I [G]was going…

Thanks for hosting Jim! This is my first entry for the week. It's a Steve Earle cover called the Mountain! I noticed Marc already did a wonderful cover of it, but i'd already done most of the work on this one by the time I noticed. Thanks to Jon and Willie for their fine contributions ~

Thanks, Jim! My second entry is from Neil Young (who's popping into my head more and more these days). This one: Sugar Mountain

An original written by me for the Season.

Ever noticed how in failing relationships, romantic and otherwise, the small issues become amplified and distorted into huge ones?

Lyrics and chords:

(Am)I never can (Dm)tell
The (Am)big things from the (Dm)small
The (Am)stuff that really (Dm)matters
From the (Am)fluff that means sod (Em)all

I (Am)find it hard to (Dm)know
What’s the (Am)chaff and what’s the (Dm)wheat
When the (Am)truth twists into (Dm)blatant lies
Why it (Am)tastes so bitter when it (Em)should be sweet

(F)Help me please to (G)understand
How the (C)molehill turned into a (F)mountain
Why the (C)sunshine faded to the (F)night
Why the (C)darkness will always suffo(Em)cate the light

You (Am)broke down my de(Dm)fences
Turned my (Am)whole world upside (Dm)down
Gave me (Am)happiness but then you (Dm)snatched it away
You (Am)held onto the lifeline while you (Em)watched me drown

(Dm)Molehills and mountains
Can we (Am)really tell them apart
Is it (Dm)just a trick of perspective
So (Em)where does one finish and the other one start

(Am)I never can (Dm)tell
The (Am)big things from the (Dm)small
The (Am)stuff that really (Dm)matters
From the (Am)fluff that means sod (Em)all

Last edited:
Mountain of Love

I'm still waiting for a song about the Mountains of Venus, but in the meantime, here's one on the Mountain of Love.

dweiglein accidentally made a separate thread instead of posting her video on this one. Here's the video:

Rogers and Hart song that was a big hit for Mel Torm

Thanks for hosting Jim! I’ve discovered some great new artists/bands and songs this week. My second entry is a Robert Hunter penned song that he wrote for the Grateful Dead and it ended up on their most successful album (commercially) “In the Dark” Kind of a rediscovery for me, as Marc had suggested we learn it and perform it at an open mic, which we did, and then I never played it or heard it again until this week :) Joined by Willie Favero on electric bass ~

Instrumental version of the song "Mägede hääl" (The Voice of the Mountains, 1984) by Heini Vaikmaa. With lots of reverb and photos from the Alps.

Funny, I thought I posted this 3 days ago, but my collaborater tells me it wasn't here.... Sure enough! It never did come round the Mountain.

It belatedly occurred to me that songs with "volcano" in the title worked for this Season. This is a Genesis song. It's mostly in 7/8 time, which sounds like you're always in a hurry to start the next measure, so you keep hopping in half a beat early.

Here's Rattlesnake Mountain, a tune with a message that I try to live my life by. I learned it from a Patrick Sky LP.

The Moral:
All young lee-Y-lovers a warning tee-Y-take from Sally Bee-Y-Bland and Johnny Bee-Y-Blake
And mind when you're in Lee-Y-love don't pee-Y-pass to close to pee-Y-patches of high gee-Y-grass.

Last edited:
Here's my submission for this week! Thanks so much to Kevin for performing with me and putting this awesome mix together. The video footage is from Star Wars The Old Republic. It's my husband's character and companion on our Guild base that I meticulously decorated for the scenes for this song. I was hoping to have it ready yesterday, but my internet is pretty unreliable. Please let me know what you think. I've only just learned how to edit videos a few months ago!

Getting in under the wire. Finally, got mine done for the week. Wrote this last year and didn't know what it was about or where it came from but it happens on a mountain. It took a bit of a dark turn while I was thinking of imagery. I would love to do happy 1 minute songs, but that never happens.

So I am dedicating this song to all women at the mercy of abuse by unjust laws, religious persecution, including the mutilation and torture supported by cultural practices. In particular, dedicated to Bibi Aisha, who at was forced into an abusive marriage at 14. At 18 she fled but was caught by police, jailed for five months, and later returned to her husband by her father. To punish her, her father-in-law, husband, and other family members took Aisha into the mountains, cut off her nose and ears, and left her to die. See Time magazine article first published in August 9, 2010.

Another hectic week, another last-minute entry.

I went with the first mountain song that came to mind. From Jane's Addiction...

Top Bottom