Populele 2 Smart Concert Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
With more and more kids wanting to learn the uke, which is now 'cool', gadgetry like this will be popular. Were I looking for a kids' uke, this would be a good choice....

Nice review. I would much rather buy this than the Lava U simply because of the price. In fact, I will probably buy one for my mother once she retires, or whichever incarnation of this is available then.

Nice review. I would much rather buy this than the Lava U simply because of the price. In fact, I will probably buy one for my mother once she retires, or whichever incarnation of this is available then.

You know - I've been thinking about this review a bit and not really thinking about the 'Smart' elements. If you want a plastic uke I'd buy this over the Enya Nova for sure because it sounds better. The Lava is a different animal with the transacoustic - but.. If you have no need for the pickup effects, I'd also pick this over it for that reason - sounds as good - FAR cheaper.

Hard to put a price on the value of the funky onboard effects. They are not for me really, so I too would get this as I don't need them.

That does look like a mighty nice uke for the money - makes much more sense than the Lava.

And I quite like your minor rant about "carbon fiber" ukes. I've mostly given up trying to explain to folks the difference between using carbon fiber cloth composite construction (like an Airbus A380) and injection molded plastic items that have 10% or 20% added fibers for reinforcement. But hey, "carbon fiber" sure does sound sexy!

And I quite like your minor rant about "carbon fiber" ukes. I've mostly given up trying to explain to folks the difference between using carbon fiber cloth composite construction (like an Airbus A380) and injection molded plastic items that have 10% or 20% added fibers for reinforcement. But hey, "carbon fiber" sure does sound sexy!

SO true! And no amount of fancy names given to it doesn't make it any more special!

Thank you Baz for the great review!

Top Bottom