Concert uke designed for Low G?

I play Low g concert size most of the time. If you can afford a Blackbird Clara, you won't be disappointed. It sounds clear and distinct for both strumming and picking. I have also had success with Koaloha concert pineapple shape uke, and prefer a polished wound low g string for best resonance.

–Lori

My Kala Elite concert sounds as good as my Kala Elite tenor with low g. It has a big body. My Kiwaya concert is not suited to low G. I had a thin body Bruko that was good with low g.

I recently put a low G set with a wound string on a Kala KA-KCG. It sounded good and had a lot more range and volume. However I felt like it was better suited for a high G. It sounded like it was trying too hard if that makes any sense. It originally had D Addario titanium strings which made it so bright and sweet. So I went back to a high G.

Steve

My Romero Concert comes with a low G and I wouldn't want it any other way. It has its own sound, resonant and full, and is much more like a tenor than an average concert. I liked it enough to find and buy a Romero Soprano (difficult to find) which also comes with a low G. They are both great ukes. I imagine I'll keep the Romero Concert forever, but someday may sell the Soprano since these days I'm happiest playing concerts more than the other sizes.

Top Bottom