FS: Kanile'a Platinum Pineapple Tenor (UK only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix.fairydust

Reaction score
Price £2275 excluding shipping and definitely would prefer collection or meet in the middle.

65% of the new price of £3500!

More photos available on request. I've bought and sold a few ukuleles through the site now with hopeful happy buyers/sellers!

Kanile'a platinum pineapple tenor ukulele. Don't think this one needs a whole load of introduction!

The 2019 platinum pineapple tenor ukulele is one of the first to feature Kanilea's modified and updated TRU-R bracing. The system offers full support to the structure of a ukulele with absolutely minimal dampening on the top. This big papa's master grade koa top has all the space in the world it needs to vibrate and every single TRU-R braced model we have tried so far has been open and more expressive than ever before!

As well as key upgrades to the bracing and build design, Kanile'a have included a smoothed out ebony beveled arm rest to this ukulele. They've eliminated the squared off edges that have put some people off this shape in the past. This model is comfortable, subtle, stylish and practical.

If you're looking for more excellent additions to this model, check out Kanilea's custom pineapple shaped twin hole side sound port. The platinum also features; exquisite matching curly mango sound hole rosette and fret board position markers - Kanile'a's lightweight and well balanced cobra head stock with the tiny but pinpoint accurate gotoh stealth tuners and Kanile'a have even offset the fast curing UV gloss finish on the body with a much more comfortable satin finish on the neck.

Specification:
2019 platinum limited edition pineapple tenor ukulele
Master grade koa body
Curly mango rosette with black trim
Black front binding
Ebony wood armrest
38mm nut width
Mahogany neck, with satin finish
UV gloss finish
Custom pineapple side sound port
Ebony fingerboard, bridge and head plate
Curly mango position markers
Custom Kanile'a pineapple logo
Black tusq nut and saddle
Black gotoh stealth tuners
Cobra slotted head stock

Attachments

• 20200208_091124.jpg
    20200208_091124.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I have one of these Platinum pineapples and it's my favorite among some really nice ukes. Big clean sound, and each one was made with some beautiful hand selected koa. Yours looks great! Someone will be a really nice uke! Good luck...

Wow! Definitely a coveted ukulele. The compression curl on your pineapple is just fantastic.

Someone in the UK is going to be very, very fortunate to own this beauty.

Kanile'a uses some of the most beautiful koa in their premium and master grade ukes, imo. This is gorgeous!

Is there also a strap button on the heel somewhere?

Then I imagine it was done by the Uke room. I'm the first owner.

I don't see why if the store asked for a strap pin to be attached before shipping, they would say no...

Hi guys,

Matt @The Uke Room. It was me that fitted the strap peg. It’s a normal size ukulele peg with standard small threaded screw. The hole would be pretty tiny and you’d literally just need to unscrew it. If it was me I’d keep it in though.

I was thinking of keeping the uke for myself as I fell in love with the koa. It’s the best koa I’ve seen in person! I decided I shouldn’t take it from the shop though so it was completely mint, unplayed and new when Angel took it.

It’s the nicest Kanile’a I’ve played and I’ve played most of the platinums in recent years. The pineapple shape really does give some oomph to the bass end of things.

Cheers,
Matt

What a cracker and that wood is some of the best koa I've seen. Surprised this hasn't sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom