Kremona Flight Series NUB 310 Baritone Ukulele

gregojano

Reaction score
First time posting to this forum, but not new to ukulele. I am an old "child of the 60s" type who has played guitar and banjo all of my life. I got into ukulele a few years ago, and it has become a bit obsessive. Not having lots of money to spend on ukuleles (I have way too much in guitars!), I look for exceptional instruments at budget prices (both new and used). Side note: My tenor is a severely-battered Cordoba 20TM-CE which I purchased used in its severely battered state. After putting Aquila Red Low-G on it, though, I love it ... spot-on intonation, decent balance and action. Definitely not a K brand, but really, really pleasant to play (and, in tune!!!!!).

So, back to the Flight Baritone ... I purchased a NUB 310 online from Butler Music (great shipping, great price ... highly recommended). The standard strings were horrid, but I could tell that basic intonation and balance were worth a few extra bucks for good strings. I restrung with Aquila Sugar Low-G, and WOW ... for a laminate baritone under $100 it is quite remarkable ... perfect intonation and decent factory set-up (perhaps a bit low). It doesn't even have a cheesy headstock decal like so many low-end ukuleles. Yeah, it's not a K-brand or high-end custom, but it is a definite keeper (until, of course, I have significantly deeper pockets).

If you are looking for a budget baritone that is actually worth the bother, buy this.

Can I ask what the Kremona connection is in the title? THe NUB-310 is from Flight Ukuleles. Don't believe they are connected to the Kremona brand?

Hi,

That should be wrong information, we are simply Flight ukuleles from Europe. Kremona USA was just our previous distributor in US, so maybe that the confusion. The information on the mentioned website is not correct.

thanks,

Hi,

That should be wrong information, we are simply Flight ukuleles from Europe. Kremona USA was just our previous distributor in US, so maybe that the confusion. The information on the mentioned website is not correct.

thanks,

Thought so!!

Hi,

thanks,
"From Europe" -- Flight's website indicates their location as Slovenia, the same as Kremona. Of course there can be more than one stringed instrument company in any given locale, but it's interesting from the standpoint that music stores utilizing Ebay & Amazon are associating Flight with Kremona in their listings.

TO WIT: Amazon and Ebay both list Flight ukuleles as "Kremona Flight" ukuleles. As of today (7/4/2020) examples are:

HERE for Ebay
and
HERE for Amazon.

IF you are actually associated with Flight ukuleles, you should check this situation out and perhaps notify Amazon and Ebay of their erroneous listings.

For myself, I would not have purchased a Flight ukulele EXCEPT for its seeming association with Kremona-- an old, well established, reputable producer of stringed instruments. In other words, it was the listing of the ukulele as "Kremona Flight" that caused me to make a purchase I would not otherwise have made. I wonder who is responsible for an error that borders on false advertising.

Last edited:
According to Kremona's website they originate from Bulgaria.

"From Europe" -- Flight's website indicates their location as Slovenia, the same as Kremona. Of course there can be more than one stringed instrument company in any given locale, but it's interesting from the standpoint that music stores utilizing Ebay & Amazon are associating Flight with Kremona in their listings.

TO WIT: Amazon and Ebay both list Flight ukuleles as "Kremona Flight" ukuleles. As of today (7/4/2020) examples are:

HERE for Ebay
and
HERE for Amazon.

IF you are actually associated with Flight ukuleles, you should check this situation out and perhaps notify Amazon and Ebay of their erroneous listings.

For myself, I would not have purchased a Flight ukulele EXCEPT for its seeming association with Kremona-- an old, well established, reputable producer of stringed instruments. In other words, it was the listing of the ukulele as "Kremona Flight" that caused me to make a purchase I would not otherwise have made. I wonder who is responsible for an error that borders on false advertising.

Hi,

Our company is based in Slovenia, EU. Kremona guitars are based in Bulgaria, totally different country, miles apart.

Again, Kremona USA was a distributor for Flight products in the past, that is where the wrong listings come from for the original models, the newer listings do not have this problem. Kremona were the owners of the Amazon account who originally listed Flight on USA Amazon and for some reason Amazon has decided to list them as Kremona Flight. Since then we have changed the US distribution to Hal Leonard and have contacted Amazon countless times about this, they fixed the main listings, but sometimes some old listings by third party sellers keep popping up due to glitches in Amazon system. You can even find a baseball hat for 2 USD with a picture an description of Flight ukulele.

We have also reached out to Ukelikethepros asking them to fix the article.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info -- including the geography lesson. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for your difficulties with Amazon listings. I will be paying close attention to your future posts here -- I do hope that you visit here often. I especially like to hear whenever Flight has a sale or a very special ukulele becomes available.

Aloha from Hawaii,
Bill

Top Bottom