Phytozoosanitary certificate

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I have reserved a pile of orphan koa slices from an instrument wood supplier for my tenor Revelator design. As usual when I invest a lot of $ in wood in this state (not prepared sets) after harvesting the pile for one piece tenor fronts, (there are no matching sets, hence the term 'orphan') I aim to recover some of the substantial purchase cost by making up "Best matched" 4 piece soprano and concert sets for sale, bindings and headplate material from what is left. Knowing that this forum is not for advertising products and services I put up a general post in the Market Place forum and got this question:

Would you be able to get a Phytozoosanitary certificate so they could be shipped abroad?

Has anyone ever been asked for one of these? If so, what is it?

Adenda - I am hoping for a reply from the MarketPlace poster but just wondered if anyone here had come across this.

I know you have often bent over backwards to help people but in this instance I suggest you respond with a "No", then get back to making Revelators.
Miguel

It is a certificate that the wood doesn't carry disease causing organisms or insects:

Phytosanitary certification is used to attest that consignments meet phytosanitary (regarding plants) import requirements and is undertaken by an NPPO (National Plant Protection Organization). A phytosanitary certificate for export or for re-export can be issued only by a public officer who is technically qualified and duly authorized by an NPPO (ISPM 12).

A phytosanitary certificate for export is usually issued by the NPPO of the country where the plants, plant products or regulated articles were grown or processed (1). Phytosanitary certificates are issued to indicate that consignments of plants, plant products or other regulated articles meet specified phytosanitary import requirements and are in conformity with the certifying statement of the appropriate model certificate. Phytosanitary certificates should only be issued for this purpose.

I agree with Miguel. Just say no.

Pete- I've had plants shipped to me from Thailand with that certificate, but never had an issue with wood going to or from anywhere. Just out of curiosity, which country is the request from? --Bob

Doesn't identify himself Bob. I'm not sending any of it out of the European zone where I live in so rest assured, it's not going to the US or Asia.

Top Bottom