Happy birthday, again!

Happy birthday, Dave (and Keith)! Time flies. Chrissie McVie will be 77 :eek: if Professor Wikipedia is correct. Here's one to take you back a few years.

All you have to do is find a musician who was born between July 5 and 12 and play the song from that one person, whether the person is a solo act or performing with a band. Here's a link for the musician's birthdays lists. However,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_musicians_by_birthday

There's not a link to a single July date in that list.

This is what you need :)
Wiki/Music Portal/Date Of Birth: July 5, July 6, July 7, July 8, July 9, July 10, July 11, July 12.

Joan Osbourne was in your link Dave - born July 8
Found a number of youtube vids of her doing this Bob Dylan song although it is not on her Songs of Bob Dylan album.

Hello fellow seasonistas.

I hope you are all well. It has been absolutely ages since I took part in the seasons but here I am with a little Stevie Wonder ukulele and guitar cover of 'Isn't She Lovely' which Stevie wrote to celebrate the birth of his daughter. Hope you like it. I am using my Pono TE-C electric ukulele as well as my Kala Journeyman U-Bass and a B&G Little Sister Crossroads semi hollow guitar.

Since I last took part in the seasons I have received regular jazz guitar tuition so have really focused on that learning journey hence I put recording ukulele music to the side for a while.

All the best.

But there was - if you looked in the Js

So I see. I did wonder why April was in the first column and January in the third. Wonder now which bright spark's idea it was to order the dates on that page alphabetically, & not chronologically.

Yes, Paul ... PAY ATTENTION!!!

I've had a very long weekend. (I was doing a friend a favour by delivering a motorcycle from one end of the country to the other.
They paid for petrol and a meal - plus a £8 tip :uhoh:).

Jack White has another band, The Raconteurs. Here's one of their songs. I'm in open F5 tuning.

"Once In A Very Blue Moon," was written by Gene Levine and Pat Alger and recorded and by the wonderful Texas singer-songwriter Nanci Griffith on her 1984 also titled "Once In A Blue Moon." It became one her signature songs and she dubbed her band the "Blue Moon Orchestra." Nanci's birthday is July 6. I know she has had health problems in recent years and don't know if she is performing anymore, but her music was an inspiration for me and I'm sure I had a crush on her!

So I see. I did wonder why April was in the first column and January in the third. Wonder now which bright spark's idea it was to order the dates on that page alphabetically, & not chronologically.

Probably the software - automated sort. I have folders for my recordings listed by month and to get them in Chronological order I have to precede them by the number of the month.

So I've already been informed.

I'd just logged in, tapped on "latest unread" and it was that post. I only found all the other replies after - as I suspect the others did.

Happy birthday Dave.Arlo Guthrie was born July 10th 1947.He wrote and performed this ragtime song in a film of the same name.I'm playing a Yamaha GL1 guitalele tuned e to e

Last edited:
Here's a Blasters' song to celebrate the birthday of bassist John Bazz, one of the original four Blasters. This one's on their first Slash Records release way back in 1981. Written by the great Dave Alvin, of course.

I played this on my 1920s Lyon & Healy "Mauna Loa" that's been hanging on the wall unstrung for about a year. The action was awful, but it was a cheap vintage plywood instrument that I spent only a little money buying and getting "fixed." It turns out you can file slots in your wooden bridge and saddle to lower the action on these guys, and that's what I did. It's better, but not great. The Aquila strings are nothing to write home about, either, but they work better than the Martins I tried on it first. It plays! In tune! I'll play it more often now.

Top Bottom