Happy birthday, again!

Beck Hansen, aka BECK, born July 8, 1970

Wasn’t sure I’d have time to do anything this week, but somehow managed to get this one together this evening. Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys turns 66 in just under 10 minutes from the time of this post!

Couldn’t resist adding in some keyboards, rhythm and vocal harmonies here. Thanks for hosting Dave and have a great birthday when it arrives! :)

Suzanne Vega's birthday is tomorrow, and she wrote a song called "Birth-Day (Love Made Real)", so that seemed like the obvious way to go this week. Then I started playing the song, and the lyrics seem like a tribute to bondage. Not that that made me switch to a different song, mind you.

Well, that's a bit of a problem. YouTube has been telling me for weeks that I need to update my browser (an old version of Chrome, which won't update because it runs on an old Windows Vista laptop). Every time I go to upload a video, it reminds me, and gives me the option to go to the old version of the screen, after saying why I'm not using the new ones. Until today, when the Upload button takes me to...a blank screen.

So, for the time being you will have to take my word for the fact that I have recorded a song. I will try to think of a work-around, which might involve another machine, or my phone, for the upload. What a pain.:mad:

Any chance of transferring to a phone/tablet and uploading through the app?

That's what I have done...watch this space...

Uploaded from PC to Dropbox. Over to the phone...sent from Dropbox to YouTube. Then back to the PC to copy the link to the forum...which adds about 40 minutes to the process. I need to find a quicker solution.

Last edited:
And finally...

It is Wilko Johnson's 73rd birthday on the 12th. The original guitarist with Dr Feelgood, and a true survivor. In 2013 he was given a few months to live. Today he is living proof that sometimes doctors get it wrong.

Well, that's a bit of a problem. YouTube has been telling me for weeks that I need to update my browser (an old version of Chrome, which won't update because it runs on an old Windows Vista laptop). Every time I go to upload a video, it reminds me, and gives me the option to go to the old version of the screen, after saying why I'm not using the new ones. Until today, when the Upload button takes me to...a blank screen.

So, for the time being you will have to take my word for the fact that I have recorded a song. I will try to think of a work-around, which might involve another machine, or my phone, for the upload. What a pain.:mad:

I use Handshaker to move files between android phone to my mac... and vice versa.
You can find it in the google play store. It is very fast especially if you
use a USB cable... but slower if you go the bluetooth route

Mavis Staples’s birthday is today, 10 July. The title track from her album from 10 or 12 years back.

I use Handshaker to move files between android phone to my mac... and vice versa.
You can find it in the google play store. It is very fast especially if you
use a USB cable... but slower if you go the bluetooth route

Ooh, good idea...I have copied files from PC to phone using a USB cable before. That would speed things up. Also (plan B), when my son moves out again (currently still enjoying lockdown luxury with us), I could use the PC in his room for the upload & publishing bit.

The late Ronnie James Dio passed away 10 years ago—he would have turned 78 this week. Who says you can’t play metal on the ukulele?

Nanci Griffith was one of the artists who celebrates her birthday this week. This is a song written by Bill Staines, but Nancy arguably had more success with her version. Joined here by Jon, Kimi and Willie adding their magic!

Belated happy birthday, Dave!! And a belated happy birthday to your birthday brother, Michael Rose of Black Uhuru!

Happy birthday to you and Christine McVie! Finally got it uploaded! Kev, Jon, Willie and I put a tremendous amount of effort into this song. Art/illustration, harmony, and sopranissimo by me. Kevin is on lead vocals, steel string baritone and tenor electric uke. Jon performed harmony, guitar and percussion, and Willie is on bass. Thanks again guys! This was a lot of fun.

Edit: Made an updated version with 2 extra illustrations.

Last edited:
I want to say "Thank you" to all of you who made my birthday seasons a hit! You've been amazing!

Top Bottom