Happy birthday, again!

aspieman456

Reaction score
Hi, folks!

Dave McMillin here again, this time I'm doing a theme that's timed just right. Next Saturday is my birthday and I want to do a birthday theme, just like Geoff Walker did with Season 304 back in 2017.

There was another season I wanted to do so much, but that still has to be thought out more. I'm doing the current one as an alternate plan.

All you have to do is find a musician who was born between July 5 and 12 and play the song from that one person, whether the person is a solo act or performing with a band. Here's a link for the musician's birthdays lists. However, if you're not swayed by the choices from the links, you can do a song, cover or an original song, including either the words "Happy" or "Birthday" or both. I won't mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_musicians_by_birthday

If you're performing an original song, write one about the singer whose birthday means that much to you.

Starting time is Midnight, Hawaiian time Sunday at 12:00 am and end time is Midnight, Hawaiian time Monday at 12:00 am.

Ukuleles must be front and center. Collabs and multitracking are welcome, too.

A three song limit is set. No more than that unless changed on notice.

I'm hoping this will make me a happy boy on my birthday. Geoff, please, don't sue me for ripping you off.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt6GoZiXwSatWu1jfVGviYembGBVrZWk6

Good luck to all.

Dave McMillin

Last edited:
The December dates are still highlighted in that list from the time I did the same theme. :wtf:

2 of my all time favourite artists are on that list! Great theme

That's very clever, Dave ...looking forward to discovering a suitable birthday boy/girl!

That's very clever, Dave ...looking forward to discovering a suitable birthday boy/girl!
Keep me posted. I want to hear it. I should've named it Season 438 while I was still writing this. Another thing. I want to say "Happy 4th of July" to all of my seasonistas here!

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting Dave! Plenty of great artists to chose from after a quick glance. Happy July 4th ~

Thanks for hosting Dave. And Happy Birthday. Lots of choices on those days. But I ended up with the first name on the first day..5th July. Robbie Robertson of The Band.

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess that's Jim Kerr and Jack White.

I would have guessed Jack White and Beck :)

Aaaaaand Jim is the winner!

Jim Kerr of Simple Minds and Jack White of the White Stripes et al have the same birthday and it happens to be this week.

Here's a Simple Minds song which I guess is kind of apt given it's the 4th of July weekend? Apart from that it's just a really good jam, need to play it more.

Unfortunately the camera angle meant that all you get a shot of during the outro is the look of concentration on my face.

Jack White incoming tomorrow of course.

Top Bottom