WTT: Kala Solid Flame Maple Concert for Ohana Concert

richntacoma

Reaction score
Wanting to trade, a Kala Solid Flame Maple Concert (KA-ASFM-C-C) for An Ohana Solid Top/Solid Concert

I purchased this from Mim's, so you know the set-up is excellent. I also had her check the action and keep it on the low side--it feels really good! I actually really love the look and sound of this uke, but after about 30 or 40 hours of playing on it, I realize that I just don’t like the beefy Kala neck!. So, it is with some ambivalence that I put it out there for a trade—here are the pics. It is not a really loud uke, so if you want a screamer, you would be disappointed in this one—I like happy trading partners!

As you can see, there is a small nick on the back (first day with it, of course, bumped it against the door)—I blew it up so you can see it next to a penny—the size of the image makes it look pretty intense, but as you can see, it is next to a penny :D. It does have the slightest indent/impression. I brought it to my local music store, and the strings person said he did not believe that it would worsen over time. There is a one that is about a quarter of the size of this one without an impression on the left side of the back binding—that one is barely noticeable. The rest of the uke is like new. Here are the photos.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VUd4YVp0Xzl0elBzNGhFdjFrUUw3enUtVHVlLUt3

This lists for $469.00, I paid $420.000 after tax, which includes two strap buttons that Mim put on. There is no case.

While they might not get a great deal of love here, I really am a fan of Ohana Concerts (KoAloha too, but that is not in the realm of a trade for this one ). I currently have the CK-50G Cedar/Rosewood and the CK-60 Mahogany. I am looking for a solid or solid top Ohana concert of similar value, or even a bit less—that is not important to me. If you have a “higher end” Ohana Concert, I would be glad to pay a bit more if there is a significant value discrepancy. I also would not mind a straight trade for one of their more interesting laminate “limited edition” concerts. I am only interested in concerts, not long neck sopranos or mini tenors—sorry.

Lower 48 United States, please.

Sorry, not really interested in any other brands right now, unless you have a KoAloha that you are interested in trading, and perhaps I could throw in a bit of money :)

Thanks for reading. While I am new here, you can see I have already had one successful/happy trade, and am glad to give you my "real like" identity so you can feel confident in a trade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom