Anuenue AirAir

Teddy

Reaction score
So I tried searching but I can't seem to find anyone with direct feedback on this pickup. I saw one thread referenced that a friend had one and constantly battled feedback with the mic. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or any experience?

May be a moot point as I don't even see it listed on HMS or Anuenue USA. Have these already gone the way of the dodo?

They got good reviews when they first became available.

I know two owners of aNueNue Moonbird tenors with installed AirAir pickups. Both remarked that it was the best pickup they ever used.

Just looked at www.theUkuleleSite.com and under accessories/pickups they list the aNueNue pickup, but it's out of stock. The Vblog on the page compares it with other pickups.

https://www.anuenuemusic.com/en/accessories/PICKUP-AAU

Last edited:
So I tried searching but I can't seem to find anyone with direct feedback on this pickup. I saw one thread referenced that a friend had one and constantly battled feedback with the mic. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or any experience?

May be a moot point as I don't even see it listed on HMS or Anuenue USA. Have these already gone the way of the dodo?

Aaron was talking about the pickup a couple weeks back on the Anuenue USA youtube page during an interview here. This was just a couple weeks ago.

Aaron was talking about the pickup a couple weeks back on the Anuenue USA youtube page during an interview here. This was just a couple weeks ago.

Cool, I totally missed that.

And nice to hear some good feedback on it too. Just want to make sure it doesn't pick up too much feedback.

They got good reviews when they first became available.

I know two owners of aNueNue Moonbird tenors with installed AirAir pickups. Both remarked that it was the best pickup they ever used.

Just looked at www.theUkuleleSite.com and under accessories/pickups they list the aNueNue pickup, but it's out of stock. The Vblog on the page compares it with other pickups.

https://www.anuenuemusic.com/en/accessories/PICKUP-AAU

Man I tried searching but I couldn't find it there even out of stock. Good to know they still carry it!

I've recorded a few tunes with the AirAir system on a Moonbird UC200E. I've been really impressed by the natural dynamic sound. The pickup allows adjustment of the mix between an internal mic and pickup, via a small knob inside the sound hole. I found the best sound occurred with the mix adjusted to maximum mic (about 50/50 pick up/mic). See below for a link to a recording made last year. What you hear is the pure sound plugged direct into the Focusrite with minimal EQ.

I haven't found feedback to be a problem by the way.

This was an attempt at something more 'cinematic'. I worked hard on it but wasn't sure of the end result. I think it would work best with some visuals behind it.

https://timledbetter.bandcamp.com/releases

Last edited:
That's really nice and awesome sound! HMS had a great review/comparison but I love hearing from a user. It does have a really nice sound.

Have you played live or for a crowd at all?

That's really nice and awesome sound! HMS had a great review/comparison but I love hearing from a user. It does have a really nice sound.

Have you played live or for a crowd at all?

Glad you like it. Dialing up the 'air' knob really does bring a realistic acoustic sound. I have played live over the years in different settings including some studio work. I hope to get back to working with other players and getting out there again!

I really enjoyed your "Penny Lane." Which Pono tenor (mahogany, mango, acacia, spruce top) were you using?

To me, there's need for visuals; I can just close my eyes and create them myself. (Everyone has their own "Penny Lane" in their life.)

I had a few of the MiSi Airs. They produced a great acoustic sound. Recording with one is fabulous, but live through an amp there is a feedback issue. MiSi recalled them, they replaced 2 of mine with UST’s, I kept one for recording. It is in a maple body Uke and it works live as long as I am careful.

I really enjoyed your "Penny Lane." Which Pono tenor (mahogany, mango, acacia, spruce top) were you using?

To me, there's need for visuals; I can just close my eyes and create them myself. (Everyone has their own "Penny Lane" in their life.)

I actually was referring to the other tune (Koki Beach) about adding some visuals. But I'm glad you liked Penny Lane. The Pono is a Cedar/Rosewood pro classic tenor recorded with a pair of Oktova condenser mics. This was my first uke and still a real pleasure to play.

Very nice recording. Great playing. Do you have tab or link to tab you used? I’d love to learn song and record the two parts.

If thT is example of anuenue air pick up it sounds great! I’d like to play around with pick ups but don’t have a need to pic up. I play acoustic but can see times when it would be helpful.

Good job, thanks for sharing.

Very nice recording. Great playing. Do you have tab or link to tab you used? I’d love to learn song and record the two parts.

If thT is example of anuenue air pick up it sounds great! I’d like to play around with pick ups but don’t have a need to pic up. I play acoustic but can see times when it would be helpful.

Good job, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Which tune were you interested in learning?

Top Bottom