Six new LfdM tenors at HMS

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
HMS has received the new patch of six tenors that Luis just sent them. The recording on their Vimeo channel was late Saturday June 4th and only five were posted for sale on their site. I guess one has sold already. Have a listen with good headphones or earbuds for an audio treat. They all sound amazing as to be expected. Luis had told me which one he liked the sound of best and I agree.

Let us know which one you like the best. I can’t link things with this company iPad so if someone wants to link the HMS Vimeo channel it could be helpful for others.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought they would be more expensive. The two with the Redwood tops sound amazing but it's not a good look. I'd go for the Cedar/Cocobolo myself which has both the looks and the sound.

Wow, how does Luis do it? These are ukes that most of us can only dream of owning. My playing skills would never justify one of these....

I'm not seeing them on the Vimeo channel but here's a link to one of them on HMS
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop...aw-spruce-ziricote-custom-tenor-amigo-84.html

Only $4400, lemme go search the couch cushions :rolleyes: :p

How are you guys even accessing Hawaii Music Supply on vimeo these days, besides a custom vimeo search or direct embeds from The Ukulele Site? I’ve been getting this error message for months: https://vimeo.com/theukulelesite
Anyone know what’s up with that or if Andrew even knows that’s happening?

How are you guys even accessing Hawaii Music Supply on vimeo these days, besides a custom vimeo search or direct embeds from The Ukulele Site? I’ve been getting this error message for months: https://vimeo.com/theukulelesite
Anyone know what’s up with that or if Andrew even knows that’s happening?

Your link takes me there perfectly. Clear your browser.

Looks like only 3 left?
They do stir up my UAS, but I don't play tenor, so I can just enjoy the videos. :)

The cedar/cocobolo is gone. I think I liked that one the best.

Wow three sold before they even featured it on the website. I guess the custom market is still strong. I used to own an LFDM—it was a really great uke. Probably shouldn’t have sold it

I had teased about knowing Luis’s pick of this batch based on his tone preference. It was the Sinker Redwood and curly Myrtle. I liked that one as well because it is mellow but still with good note separation and sustain. I liked the bear claw spruce and zircote best, from the recordings. His spruce and zircote tenors always have a well balanced powerful tone, not too bright, with a real fullness.

I had teased about knowing Luis’s pick of this batch based on his tone preference. It was the Sinker Redwood and curly Myrtle. I liked that one as well because it is mellow but still with good note separation and sustain. I liked the bear claw spruce and zircote best, from the recordings. His spruce and zircote tenors always have a well balanced powerful tone, not too bright, with a real fullness.

Same. The redwood/myrtle--actually both the redwood tenors, and the spruce/ziricote sound best to me.

I think they're all still available, minus the cedar/cocobolo one. I'm guessing the missing ones were still being added, cause I see five available as of this posting.

There are 5 still listed as "In Stock". All are round soundhole "Amigo" models.

That lattice bracing really does seem to boost the projection. Wonderful sound.

I bought Amigo 80 in January
Sound port
Cutaway
Slot head
$3600
Why are these going for $4400???

I bought Amigo 80 in January
Sound port
Cutaway
Slot head
$3600
Why are these going for $4400???

Well yeah, yours is just an Amigo 80. These are, uh, 84 and up.

Seriously though, did you get yours at HMS? That would be quite a price hike.

Top Bottom