Mele all-solid koa soprano pineapple with abalone inlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal tinkerer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FS: Mele all-solid koa soprano pineapple with abalone inlay

After much deliberation, I am putting up for sale my Mele all-solid koa soprano pineapple ukulele with abalone inlay. It’s a beautifully finished instrument with an equally full yet punchy tone, one made even better with the fluorocarbon Pepe Romero (high G) strings that are on it now. The ukulele has seen only occasional playing time over the last few months that I have owned it since new. The instrument is in excellent condition with only the price being different from a brand new example.

I sell because I’ve been on an ukulele buying binge and need to thin the herd in order to make room for ukuleles of other sizes. There’s that plus the fact that I play my tenor ukuleles most of the time. A Mele all-koa custom tenor is my go-to instrument at the moment.

Asking price is $525 (or best offer), which includes shipping within the U.S. The pictured case is included. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 128224View attachment 128225View attachment 128226View attachment 128227View attachment 128229

Last edited:
You sound like a Mele fan. I wanted to share a few pics of one I picked up recently. It's a round backed tenor, killer big and focused voice! Only one I've seen though I've found a few others since I've looked online...

Attachments

• IMG_6070.jpg
    IMG_6070.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6074.jpg
    IMG_6074.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6090.jpg
    IMG_6090.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 62
Nice ukulele. I love the Made in Philippines ones. Never played a Mele. But their custom series are quite expensive. $2000 plus with no inlay or anything special. There is one right now on the website for over $3500. Quite expensive. You could get a Custom Koaloha for that price.

Whoa - what's the depth of the rounded back? Sure looks like its voice is going to project, lol! Thanks for sharing. Yes, I do like Meles.

You sound like a Mele fan. I wanted to share a few pics of one I picked up recently. It's a round backed tenor, killer big and focused voice! Only one I've seen though I've found a few others since I've looked online...

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, true. Lots of great choices at $2000 plus

Nice ukulele. I love the Made in Philippines ones. Never played a Mele. But their custom series are quite expensive. $2000 plus with no inlay or anything special. There is one right now on the website for over $3500. Quite expensive. You could get a Custom Koaloha for that price.

Last edited:

I played one of the Mele custom series last year, and fell in love. The action, neck width, tone and setup were outstanding. Unlike the rest of the line, the custom series are made 100% in Maui. They say you should buy the uke that makes your heart sing, but unfortunately at 2 grand it was $500 out of my negotiated price range. I came home with a K brand tenor, so the story's not TOO sad, but I still look back at the Mele and wonder "What if"...

Braddah

Ha yes, I wholeheartedly agree based on the one I have so far! That said, I have a feeling that the “K brand tenor” you came back with has got to be sublime too. Each one of those companies makes a great tenor, from what I hear, see, and read.

I played one of the Mele custom series last year, and fell in love. The action, neck width, tone and setup were outstanding. Unlike the rest of the line, the custom series are made 100% in Maui. They say you should buy the uke that makes your heart sing, but unfortunately at 2 grand it was $500 out of my negotiated price range. I came home with a K brand tenor, so the story's not TOO sad, but I still look back at the Mele and wonder "What if"...

Braddah

Update: Grover tuners with white knobs added

Hi, I am closing this thread and starting a new one, since the uke now has different (and in IMO, better looking) tuners. I also will be further adjusting the price. Thanks for checking out my ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom