Elephant in the room

We played on Zoom in the first online open mic for TBUS. We nailed the song, but were told later we were too far from the iPad, we even used a whole bevy of sound equipment. We don't like Zoom for playing music.
We are making You Tube videos and sharing them around.

We played on Zoom in the first online open mic for TBUS. We nailed the song, but were told later we were too far from the iPad, we even used a whole bevy of sound equipment. We don't like Zoom for playing music.
We are making You Tube videos and sharing them around.
Just curious, did you make adjustments to the Zoom audio settings to maximize the sound for instruments & singing?

Just curious, did you make adjustments to the Zoom audio settings to maximize the sound for instruments & singing?

These are the settings in Zoom to improve music.

Zoom audio music.jpg

Last edited:
My group here in Melbourne Australia have been doing zoom meetings. Zoom is not really suitable for musical groups but with certain protocols we can have some fun. It’s good just to see your friends and have a chat. We have also collaborated on two videos which was fun.
I don’t think that there will be any getting back to normal until a vaccine is available.

E867C66D-F753-4D8D-9367-FFDF0C4B04EE.jpg

Trading off verses in a song can be a bit of fun. Follow Mike’s Zoom settings to get original sound and use a usb mic to get better sound.

Unfortunately my group has a lot of high risk members, i am pretty sure we are a long way off from meeting again. I have been joining other groups on zoom via meetups, nice to make new friends all over Sydney and the whole country.

I am jonesing for a group strum however and have been thinking of reaching out on FB to find a player or two who might like to meet at a park etc. I am sure there must be other sydney siders in the same boat.

Top Bottom