Kala KA-ATP-CTG-CE discontinued

I still kinda want that cedar top Pau ferro tenor. Have you played one yet?
I bought the kala ka-spt-sc because it was such a fancy uke and a great mark down, but I really do prefer a satin finish.

I have the cutaway recommended to me by Mim about 6 years ago. It's one of my best sounding and playing ukes, it's usually my go to gig uke.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

HMS will probably have some for a while longer. I got the Zircote back version and it’s incredible for the money. Can’t stand the walnut bridge and fingerboard. Looks terrible and feels cheap to me. The gloss neck is a bad choice too. Hopefully they plan on changing these. Even with my complaints I would buy it again for the volume and tone.

Wow. I've got the regular shaped one and it's all I really need in a tenor.

Rats!
That is my go to Uke.
We were on Oahu, stumbled upon the Ukulele Site store. Told the fellow what I was looking for. He picked it up , played a few chords to check the tuning and handed it to me.
I started playing it and my wife told the shop keeper, “He’s buying it”
Loved the tone and playability. Still do.
And.....
A fellow in my Uke jam has one, just a few serial numbers off of mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom