Recovering from surgery with my Uke.

jnicholes

Reaction score
So, I had nose surgery yesterday. I had a lot of problems according to the doctor, but my nose is all fixed now. I am in the recovery phase.

I can't get out of the house due to the meds I am on making me loopy and dizzy. I am stuck at home for awhile.

Might as well play my ukulele to get through this.

Jared

Just don't play it with your nose again!

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that Jared. I've had to have nose surgery twice. It's a difficult thing. Didn't make me look any better either.

It's amazing how all of that packing fits up inside the sinuses.

I hope for a swift recovery for you. But don't get impatient. I played basketball two weeks before I was supposed to do anything like that and caught an elbow to the nose. Bled a lot and swelled up again. Follow the doc's instructions and it will get better.

PS: I'm loopy without any meds. :p

Stay safe.

thanks. I plan to stay safe. I'm so tired with the medications I am on that I don't want to do anything Reckless. I have to be patient. I don't have a choice because the meds make me so tired.

I'll see if I can post a video later of me playing the ukulele.

Get well soon. And uke on

I had hip surgery three weeks ago and at one point the loopy pain meds weren’t doing the trick. I asked someone to hand me a ukulele and forgot all about it while I played.

i haven’t improved one bit while I’ve been recovering, but the uke has been a comfort.

Have have my knee replaced in a couple of weeks and I'll be doing the same thing. my sister's coming up to help me the first couple of weeks so I'll probably drive her nuts practicing chord inversions and different types of scales lol.

I hope you with recent and upcoming surgeries recover quickly. :)

That said, this thread is almost a year old. It looks like the original poster hasn't been here since March. Maybe if he gets e-mail notifications he will see it though.

Top Bottom