Aiersi SU-0024TB Concert Ukulele Review

High G (re-entry) sounds twangy on this uke (maybe it's the recording). Good highs, okay middles, barely discernible lows. Sounds like a soprano more than a concert.

Solid mahogany top -- but which "mahogany"? African, Honduran, sapele, or what? It just seemed to lack Swietenia mahogany's fullness and warmth, but maybe I'm asking too much from a low-priced instrument.

IMO, lots of woods being called "mahogany" nowadays are NOT Swietenia species (genuine mahogany) but are, instead, mahogany cousins. or other distant relatives, or look-similars.

Last edited:
Not too shabby!
If only I had someone to buy it for. We have a cousin, but at nearly 5 she would be better of with either a laminate, an HPL or a plastic ukulele.

High G (re-entry) sounds twangy on this uke (maybe it's the recording). Good highs, okay middles, barely discernible lows. Sounds like a soprano more than a concert.

Solid mahogany top -- but which "mahogany"? African, Honduran, sapele, or what? It just seemed to lack Swietenia mahogany's fullness and warmth, but maybe I'm asking too much from a low-priced instrument.

IMO, lots of woods being called "mahogany" nowadays are NOT Swietenia species (genuine mahogany) but are, instead, mahogany cousins. or other distant relatives, or look-similars.

Thanks for the link. I always enjoy learning about trees. I'm a retired arborist, but have never seen a mahogany tree, as they don't grow here (in the States).

I agree with all of your points. We’ll probably never know the provenance of the mahogany. And it does have a lot of bark of a soprano.

I agree with all of your points. We’ll probably never know the provenance of the mahogany. And it does have a lot of bark of a soprano.

Here is where you imagine all the tree puns I’m not making.

Top Bottom