Any known resources & sites to determine manufacturer date of a ukulele?

dcw uke

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a resource than can help me figure out what year my uke was manufactured? I've contacted Kala with the info from the inside label, the person that replied wasn't really sure. Said one of the #'s may or not be the month or year. Anyone know of a resource that can help me out? :confused:

If it is a Kala and Kala can't figure it out, I don't know. But I do know that Taylor guitars have the build date as part of the serial number, but they don't keep it a secret. You can go right on their site and figure it out yourself. I would think of that were the case with your ukulele the information would be readily accessible.

If it is a Kala and Kala can't figure it out, I don't know. But I do know that Taylor guitars have the build date as part of the serial number, but they don't keep it a secret. You can go right on their site and figure it out yourself. I would think of that were the case with your ukulele the information would be readily accessible.

Takamine's Japan made guitars have a date serial number too: year, month, day and production number. Makes dating really easy.

Top Bottom