Season 439 - Mockumentaries

Hello!! Here is my very first video for the Seasons of Ukulele. Ukefoote, my teacher, recommended that I join so here I am! Looking forward to making more videos.

My song is "5,000 Candles in the Wind" from the mockumentary TV series "Parks and Recreation." Li'l Sebastian, a miniature horse and the beloved town mascot of Pawnee, Indiana tragically kicks the bucket and this song is a goofy tribute to him. Hope you enjoy!

Wow! That's some début! Welcome to the Seasons!!

MOCKUMENTARY week

FYI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Commitments_(film)
About the fictional band "The Commitments"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_(film)
About a street musician and a pianist

The musician Glen Hansard acted in both films.

Maybe no real mockumentaries, as no really parodies. At least fictional musicians.

I’ve seen Once- I don’t think songs from that film work for this theme. But if there’s a fictional band in the other film, then songs from that would certainly qualify under sub theme 2. Good idea!

Last edited:
"more than the stars" - a track from the "ukulele warrior" album by b rex (formerly bevosaurus rex)

The Commitments also crossed my mind. But the songs are all cover songs, more famous for the original version.

I am hoping to hear someone do "I want your cray cray" from Marvel/Netflix Jessica Jones...

I am not sure I have read the original post properly... I may be breaking the rules.
but however I hope you will indulge me for posting Finland by Monty Python.
Since I am living in Finland it had to be done...
Finland does not have any gagged mountains by the way at most there is the Lapland fells and tundra

Another one from The (very fabulous) Rutles.
After last week's battle with YouTube not liking my old version of Chrome, I have found that it still works on an even older version of Firefox, so life is good again.

I had to do at least 1 song for this brilliant theme Brian. I’ve done a couple of Prefab Four songs before, I Must Be In Love and Ouch for Seasons past, so I wasn’t going to revisit them, much as I was tempted. But for me, if any of the Rutles songs exemplifies the sheer genius of Neil Innes, it’s this one....hot on the heels of Steve’s version. So without further ado, here he is, your own, your very own Dirk McQuickly.

Just got home from work having stayed three hours longer then intended, found an empty house and thought to myself, there has to be some Tenacious D this week surely.

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life - by Monty Python. I see there's already one fine version of this here, but here's another one.

I heard this one recently, and looked it up. It sounds so cheery, pretty hokey too. Then I saw it was from Monty Python's Life of Brian, and in the movie, a very Jesus-like Brian was singing this as he hung on the cross. As I remember, it caused quite a stir back then.

Last edited:
There was a TV show for a few years recently called "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend". I saw a couple of episodes of it, and it included a lot of comedic songs. I don't know if it fits the theme of the Season or not. According to Wikipedia, some of the songs were recorded in both clean and explicit versions, with the latter going on the creator/star's YouTube page. For example:

i hope you'll allow this paoriginal in your week Brian
i imagine it in a monty pythonesque clip being sung by a 14 year old girl attending a presidential rally (like the ones that were so popular until recently) with her parents all dressed up in her pro potus gear....

Last edited:
thank you for this week Brian
a lil Partridge Family for y'all
via Two Little Woodpeckers

Hawaii (NSFW)

Hard Core Logo is a well-regarded Canadian contribution to the mockumentary genre, following a fictional Vancouver band on its chaotic, self-destructive farewell tour across British Columbia & the prairie provinces.

This song, originally by Vancouver's "Young Canadians" (aka "K-Tels") is on the soundtrack, and for me, it ticks all the boxes for this season. Mockumentary? Check. Punk? As f**k. Ukulele-relevant? Hello? "Hawaii"!

Débuting my brand-new 'Diamond Head' DU-350TCE electro-acoustic flamed acacia tenor ukulele. B-stock.

Why B-stock? The self-adhesive cable tie had come away from the sidewall, and needed to be glued back in position. List price: $199. B-stock sale price: $80. That'll do just fine, ty!

Tuned, as all tenor ukuleles should be, to Bb. :cool:

As I remember, it caused quite a stir back then.

"Life of Brian" was picketed by the clergy in my hometown in Maine. The theater owner did a screening for the local priests, ministers, and rabbis, and none of them could see what all the fuss had been about.

One of my favorite mockumentary series is What We Do in the Shadows, which follows 4 vampires and a familiar living on Staten Island. The theme song, You’re Dead, was written in 1966 by Norma Tanega. I wish I could do this song justice or I would have submitted it this week.

You know, George Lucas once wanted to make a mockumentary about a band called Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.
A band that played a long time ago, in a venue far away. In the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Then he went and chased som ridicolous side story about some Jedi knights in stead, but the band is still in the movie!

Top Bottom