Season 439 - Mockumentaries

Cheers for hosting this one Brian, this ones probably the shortest entry but had to give It a go after Delboy Implanted the Office theme in my head so Dels to blame !! This is the first time I've picked up the uke for over a week as I zapped two staples into the top of my playing thumb with an Industrial staple gun so thats my excuse for any blips. :D

Last edited:
Our host has asked that for every side theme we post a main theme vid, so here is something from Spinal Tap’s album, “Break Like the Wind”.

Unless I've missed something, we haven't had this yet. My apologies for the allergy-inflicted sinuses.

Hello!! Here is my very first video for the Seasons of Ukulele. Ukefoote, my teacher, recommended that I join so here I am! Looking forward to making more videos.

My song is "5,000 Candles in the Wind" from the mockumentary TV series "Parks and Recreation." Li'l Sebastian, a miniature horse and the beloved town mascot of Pawnee, Indiana tragically kicks the bucket and this song is a goofy tribute to him. Hope you enjoy!

A very big and warm welcome to the Seasons, Voni! You are soooooo talented!!! Loved your entry this week! Looking forward to more videos/entries from you!

(Btw, I have four Miniature horses AND a Miniature donkey!) :)

One more, though this is mostly an exercise in learning more about iMovie.

In previous Seasons I have played a couple of Songs With Familiar Music but Different Words from a songbook of parodies. These have been written during different geology field trips over the past 40+ years, and are generally good natured roasts of different aspects of geology presented on a given trip or that are meant to have a bit of a well-intentioned laugh at the trip leaders' expense.

Here is one about thresholds in geomorphology, which is the study of the processes that shape the surface of the Earth. I spliced in some photos to try and illustrate the different verses. I think you will all recognize the tune.

Thanks for hosting an excellent week Brian.

A very big and warm welcome to the Seasons, Voni! You are soooooo talented!!! Loved your entry this week! Looking forward to more videos/entries from you!

(Btw, I have four Miniature horses AND a Miniature donkey!) :)
Someday maybe we can visit your town and see your horses and play ukulele.

Go Voni Go!!!!
You are deep in the parody pocket there, and really feeling it.
Fantastic video production - simple but effective.
Keep 'em coming...

Sweet and Sour by The Takeaways

Here is my quick and dodgy attempt to play a song by fake band The Takeaways, from the 1984 Australian TV series "Sweet and Sour". I loved this series when it came out but had kind of forgotten about it until this theme jogged my memory!

I dashed this off with very little rehearsal as the deadline was looming. Sorry about the glitch towards the end - bad editing on my part...

Here is my quick and dodgy attempt to play a song by fake band The Takeaways, from the 1984 Australian TV series "Sweet and Sour". I loved this series when it came out but had kind of forgotten about it until this theme jogged my memory!

I dashed this off with very little rehearsal as the deadline was looming. Sorry about the glitch towards the end - bad editing on my part...

Beaut bring.
I liked that show too.
Had a look through quite a few Takeaway's songs but they are just so 80's and therefor haven't aged well imho.

I was not really satisfied with my hurry-up job with this great song last Sunday. It was okay, but I think the song deserves better, so I hope you won't mind a re-submission of the same song. I drop-tuned my uke, changed to a fingerstyle vibe, and reshot something closer to what I was aiming for this Sunday afternoon.

I was amazed that Michael McKean, one of the brilliant co-writers of "Big Bottom" and "Sex Farm," was nominated (with co-writer Annette O’Toole) for the Academy Award for Best Original Song for this lovely one from A Might Wind.

Just barely getting this up before the deadline. I'm disappointed that I couldn't do more this week, but I worked about 55hrs, and I'm exhausted! I'm a fan of mockumentary, parody, and satire. So this is I Think I'm A Clone Now written by Weird Al Yankovic. Anyway, please enjoy <3

Last edited:
This seems to be in the spirit of the Mocumentary, though it's from a comic strip rather than a movie or TV. On second read, it fits in both of the two sub-categories - it's a parody by a fake band!

This one really ought to be filmed pool-side at the mansion, but I don't have one so the porch bench will have to do.

A major first for me: singing and playing straight through in one take (not the first take!) with no multi-tracking. I miss the bass but not trying to sequence a bunch of takes!

Also: my face. It's too nice out to sit inside playing with green screens (much :) )

55cef010a6e9013143c5005056a9545d

567ec2c0a6e9013143c5005056a9545d

Top Bottom