I'll Be True to You (the Monkees)

John,

Thanks so much! I was (and still am) a fan of the Monkees. Their television show was a highlight of my youth, and my older siblings had all of their albums. Despite being labeled the "pre-fab four" they had made some great music together. Once again, wonderful job!

Bill

A nice blast from the past my friend.

John,

Thanks so much! I was (and still am) a fan of the Monkees. Their television show was a highlight of my youth, and my older siblings had all of their albums. Despite being labeled the "pre-fab four" they had made some great music together. Once again, wonderful job!

Bill

Thanks, Bill! The Monkees had a lot of great songs that were definitely part of the soundtrack of that era. Mike Nesmith was a good songwriter and wrote "Different Drum." Too bad the Monkees didn't put out a version of that song.

Nice job. The Monkees had some great people writing for them, and eventually grew into a more independent group. There was recently a good podcast of Alec Baldwin interviewing Mickey Dolenz. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/heres-the-thing-with-alec-baldwin/id472939437?i=1000478151528

Thanks, EDW. Thanks for the heads up about the Mickey Dolenz interview. I like listening to interviews with the artists of the past and seeing the human side of these icons. I'll check it out! :)

As someone who never missed an episode of The Monkees TV series, and who still owns every one of their albums, it goes without saying that I loved your rendition of “I’ll Be True To You.” In my head, I can still see Davy Jones walking on the beach, singing this song. :) Thanks for the memories, John!

Jan

As someone who never missed an episode of The Monkees TV series, and who still owns every one of their albums, it goes without saying that I loved your rendition of “I’ll Be True To You.” In my head, I can still see Davy Jones walking on the beach, singing this song. :) Thanks for the memories, John!

Jan

Thanks, Jan! I really appreciate it coming from a big Monkees fan! I want to watch that episode!

Top Bottom