Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life - by Monty Python. .

I heard this one recently, and looked it up. It sounds so cheery, but def hokey too. Then I saw it was from Monty Python's Life of Brian, and in the movie, a very Jesus-like Brian was singing this as he hung on the cross. As I remember, it caused quite a stir back then.

Last edited:
I've always believed in the sentiment of this song, and have a canvass on my music room wall stating these very words!!

I've also told my family I want the song played at my funeral - but, for shock value, using the ORIGINAL words; NOT changed to 'Life's a counterfeit' as you did here! (A clever. substitution..but don't think I didn't notice young John, you tinker!! lololol)

Seriously, a great job as always mate. I enjoyed it.

...I've also told my family I want the song played at my funeral - but, for shock value, using the ORIGINAL words; NOT changed to 'Life's a counterfeit' as you did here! (A clever. substitution..but don't think I didn't notice young John, you tinker!! lololol....)

Thanks Dave, believe it or not, I got the different lyrics from Art Garfunkel's cover version. Don't want to shock the refined crowds I'm playing to. Ha ha.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, believe it or not, I got the different lyrics from Art Garfunkel's cover version. Don't want to shock the refined crowds I'm playing to. Ha ha.

HaHa! One has to be selectively careful in today's hypersensitive world my friend.

Top Bottom