FS: Rebel Spalted Mango Super Concert (Double Cream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy

Reaction score
FS: Rebel Figured Mango Super Concert (Double Cream)

hey everyone,

The guitar bug has bitten and there is one available right now that only works of i sell this ukulele. I absolutely don't want to sell this so im kind of hoping that the guitar sells first.

For sale is here a Rebel Mango Super Concert (concert body, tenor neck). I'm the second owner, had it for about two years. The first owner bought it from Mim so its been professionally set up. This is one of the early ones made by Rebel, the newer models simply don't have this grain. There is some light finish wear at very top of headstock but no signs of drop or damage. I suspect it's there from the sharper edge and being a few years old.

I don't have the soft case anymore so it is not included.

flash sale $550 shipped CONUS firm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=10IX2yvHqhEs_2mSwLGkxFqKut_88K2vk

Last edited:
I dont remember Rebel's uke line.

Do they sell full tenor or only concert with tenor necks?

I like their sound, but heard their bodies are thin and sound doesnt project well.

I like their sound, but heard their bodies are thin and sound doesnt project well.

Subjective, but never had an issue with projection and this uke. Wouldn't say the bodies are thin either, actually seem a little more stout than my KTM.

I thought they had a reputation for projecting well, which has been my own experience with them. I'm not sure what you mean by thin; if you meant the thickness of wood, thinness is typically a desirable quality and can contribute to better sound/volume.

If you meant depth of the body, Rebel sopranos and super concerts come in two thicknesses: their standard version is like a thinline, and their double version is more like a typical body. Their tenors and regular concerts seem to only come in the double version. Maybe what you heard was about the projection of their thinline versions? In any case, their doubles are the same price as their thinlines, and the one listed here is a double.

Rebels are fantastic ukuleles. I miss the double cream soprano that I sold. If I hadn't bought 2 guitars in the last six months I'd snap this up. It's rare to see the mango one with this kind of figure anymore.

Last edited:
Wish I could do it. I love Rebels. Nice mango.

Not to nitpick, but I don't believe the mango on these Rebels is spalted. It doesn't make a difference to the sound, I don't think. And you've already posted pics, so there shouldn't be any surprises, but just so there isn't any misunderstanding.

Agree, does not look spalted, but a pretty grain. Some of the spalted mango out there is rather ugly, imo.

Not to nitpick, but I don't believe the mango on these Rebels is spalted. It doesn't make a difference to the sound, I don't think. And you've already posted pics, so there shouldn't be any surprises, but just so there isn't any misunderstanding.

Agreed, updated the post title. I'll just go with figured so I don't mess up my adjectives again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom