Season 440: I'm a travellin' man!

homemade song, more of a local wander, than a full scale journey, but much mention of walking

Here's one from the Geordie Springsteen, Sam Fender. To me it puts me in mind of a stroll down any high street in the country. If that's not enough you've got mention of the Nautilus, which is who I assume the bus operator in North Shields is, you've got biy racers and you've got the inherent desire to get out of your small town. So I hope it counts,

Written by Roddy Frame for Aztec Camera's "Love" album, Killermont Street bus station was the start of many a journey out of Glasgow.

Although the airline industry is particularly badly hit at the moment.I doubt this song will help

Here's one from the Geordie Springsteen, Sam Fender.

When I was in New York last Sept, I ran into Sam Fender, outside the 'Physical Graffiti' building on St Mark's St. He and his team were as proud as peacocks that I'd recognised him - didn't want to let on it was only because of his interview with Alan Shearer on 'Football Focus' a couple of week before!

Edit: for our older viewers:

Last edited:
When I was in New York last Sept, I ran into Sam Fender, outside the 'Physical Graffiti' building on St Mark's St. He and his team were as proud as peacocks that I'd recognised him - didn't want to let on it was only because of his interview with Alan Shearer on 'Football Focus' a couple of week before!

Edit: for our older viewers:

That interview with Shearer is great if only for the reaction as he walks in.

In the middle verses of this song adapted from the book of the same name I hope to have captured the spirit of jubilation the bear must have been feeling as he experienced travel on many different types of transport. It was undoubtedly the last form of transport, one we adult himans rarely consider such, the humble slide, that earned this bear his moniker and what turned out to be a long period of cruel indentured servitude to the boy.

Here's one I've wanted to play for a long time and had a sort of arrangement in my head for a while. Certainly describes a man on a journey so I hope it counts. It's by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.

Hello again, Geoff! I have gone from boats to bicycles ... and, I must apologise, I didn't realise, till I attempted to sing this, that my hayfever has come back with a vengeance! Curiously, although it has a French title, this song is actually British.

A good old good one. A little hard on the voice, but I will be over it in about a week....

Top Bottom