Season 440: I'm a travellin' man!

This one is probably an overplayed ukulele favourite in some people's view, though
I don't think I will ever tire of it. Its also a bit perverse as the protagonist himself isn't
travelling, just wistfully wishing that he was ...........................

Bari 6 string and overdubbed four string screech box.

This song is rather a tangential approach to the theme. I hope it fits.

This is a true story. As we are soon to sell our old flat (where most of my collections were stored) I have recently been trying to sort out stuff that I really need from stuff I can do without. "Will I ever read this book again? Will I ever want to see this film again on DVD? Isn't this on Netflix?" etc are the questions that have been running round my head.

Then I found a box marked Nostalgia and in it, among other items, were old letters from friends who I must have treasured enough to keep their letters along with my personal diaries from decades ago. Unfortunatley, my attempt to wallow in nostalgia was hampered by the events unfolding in the song.

So I hope you like:

Tried to post to links thread only to be informed I am blacklisted
Yet I can post here... Is this a glitch?

Edit Now it is working again so I am not a bad boy any more... Strange.

Last edited:
Buses and Trains

Here's a cover of "Buses and Trains" by Australian duo Bachelor Girl. Hope you appreciate my inclusion of two forms of transport!!

I'm just getting this one in under the wire--My chosen mode of transportation is walking, and Neil Finn wrote two of my favorite walking songs. Here's one of them, which appears in slightly different forms on both the final Split Enz album and the first Crowded House album.

Another one--I've just realized that my eyes are puffy and scary in both videos--no worries, just my allergies kicking in badly. Given what it's doing to my voice, I realized this is the perfect day to finally break out some Tom Waits!

OK! Back again — I think that the audio distortion issues were resolved! Whew! Let’s go with this instead, folks! Kev with his magic on vocals and steel-string bari, Kev’’s friend, Willie, on the sweet, heavy bass beats, and I’ve got the backups and 2nd verse going with the vocals! Thanks, again, Geoff, for hosting!!!! OH!!! Geoff, Christopher, and John (Flatboroque!) — saw your lovely comments on our first post of this tune — thank you so much — and, hey, Yukio, thanks for pointing out that you heard the distortion to me, too — I wasn’t sure if I was the only one hearing that! Kev confirmed it and I did it over — I think we’re all good now! :-D

Last edited:
a tangential reference but i hope this sits ok Geoff
thank you for this week of music mate

Roam (B-52s Cover)

here's a last-minute entry for your listening pleasure!!

thanks to Paul (u-bass), Chris (ukulele) and Jas (vocals and hand percussion) for helping out with this one!

Fell asleep last night while waiting on the upload. Thanks again to Kev and Willie for this collaboration. Lotta heart went into this one. <3

In an interview with The Guardian, Iggy Pop spoke about how "The Passenger" was partly inspired by traveling with David Bowie on tour, "...I’d been riding around North America and Europe in David’s car ad infinitum. I didn’t have a driver’s license or a vehicle."

May the roads rise to meet your feet, Seasonistas <3

Such a great theme! I had planned to multi-track this song, but all of this (*gestures vaguely at 2020) happened, so this is what I could make work.
I hope you like my attempt at Starlight by Muse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom