Season 440: I'm a travellin' man!

Tootler

Reaction score

Bring a song involving travel. The the song should primarily be about a journey or feature prominently forms of transport. Any form of travel is OK, on foot, horseback, mechanised etc, by land, sea or air. The songs can be covers or originals and anything is good as long as it is primarily about getting from place to place.

The usual rules and guidelines apply

* The recording must be new and made for this week
* Ukulele must be prominent feature though other instruments may also feature.
* State somewhere your video is for Season 423
* Start and finsh times as usual, 8 days starting midnight Hawaii on Sunday morning and ending Midnight Hawaii the following Saturday night
* Most importantly, this is about fun so enjoy yourselves.

Stick to one song a day to begin with

Playlist

Last edited:
for some reason the embed video script isn't working properly but the video is there. Apologies for the delay, I had it ready but forgot to upload last night.

I'd forgotten Steve had a very similar theme 10 weeks ago. With everything that's been happenning I'd been strigling to get this week sorted and forgot to check back which I usually do. Oh well there's plenty songs out there, so I'm sure you'll find something a bit different.

Video embedding sorted, thanks to Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Geoff, this is why. You embedded a weblink inside the video tags. If you go back and edit your OP to remove the [url ][/url ] tags, you should be good to go.*

Tootler;2237207 said:
[video ][url ]https://youtu.be/Ky5GelWXdZQ[/url ][/video ][/Quote ]
Tootler;2237207 said:
*I've added spaces to the tags so they show up in text.

Hi Geoff, this is why. You embedded a weblink inside the video tags. If you go back and edit your OP to remove the [url ][/url ] tags, you should be good to go.*

[video ]https://youtu.be/Ky5GelWXdZQ[/url ]... I copied it off Tomboy. Thanks, by the way.

Six in the morning is not the best time to be posting a theme when you're in a hurry & you have to get dressed & your daughter off to work.

My excuse and I'm sticking to it :)

l noticed that and I don't know how it happened as all I did was copy the actual link and paste into the filmstrip icon. I'd copied to a notepad on my laptop (Tomboy Notes, a nice little Linux app) and I can only assume there were hidden url tags when I copied it off Tomboy.

Thanks, by the way.

You're welcome.

Yes, that's almost certainly where it happened. Your notepad app almost certainly automatically converts http addresses to clickable hyperlinks, so what you copied was not simply the address, but the hyperlink also.

WAIT A SECOND
Six in the morning is not the best time to be posting a theme when you're in a hurry & you have to... get your daughter off to work.

How old exactly is this daughter of yours that you have to be getting her off to work? Have you got her sweeping chimneys? Or is she on her paper round? :smileybounce:

Last edited:
You're welcome.

Yes, that's almost certainly where it happened. Your notepad app almost certainly automatically converts http addresses to clickable hyperlinks, so what you copied was not simply the address, but the hyperlink also.

That's the conclusion I came to. It's odd because I've copied links from Tomboy in the past without this problem.

WAIT A SECOND

How old exactly is this daughter of yours that you have to be getting her off to work? Have you got her sweeping chimneys? Or is she on her paper round? :smileybounce:

She's 45 and a nurse at the local hospital. She's just learning to drive so I go with her and bring her car home. My wife picks her up in the evening. She was due to take her test in April but it was COVIDCancelled.

Great start folks. Some super songs. I've set up a playlist and added a link to the OP (which now has the embedded video showing OK.

Hello, Geoff, and thanks for the week and a nice, broad theme! I hope this one counts - the boat in the title IS travelling, but then coming back to shore again, loaded with fish. I have seen the song described as a lullaby and that is how I have chosen to treat it ... this is the abridged version, as it is intended for young ears. (I watched your own splendid cover when I was gathering background info.) Oh, and I have relatives who live in South Shields ... I hope they never get to hear my awful attempt at a Geordie accent!

Last edited:
Loving the travel them, Geoff! Looking forward to watching everyone’s entries and I’m going to try to get one rounded up myself for sharing! :)

Six in the morning is not the best time to be posting a theme when you're in a hurry & you have to get dressed & your daughter off to work.

My excuse and I'm sticking to it :)

I feel your pain -- and exhaustion. My 25-year-old daughter never finished learning to drive. Now she works at a hospital downtown, and when she has to work a weekend or holiday shift, the earliest bus won't get her there in time for her 7 AM shift. So on those days (including this morning), I have to get up at 5 AM and drive her to the subway.

... the earliest bus won't get her there in time for her 7 AM shift. So on those days (including this morning), I have to get up at 5 AM and drive her to the subway.

Same problem and buses are even fewer with Coronavirus.

Geoff, it's nearly impossible to exhaust all the songs about traveling. Great theme.

Here's the song that took Hank Snow out of Nova Scotia and put him on the world stage.

Top Bottom