FS: Pono MS with L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup and signed by Jake Shimabukuro

nico_r15

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Posting this mahogany soprano made by Pono for sale because I don't play it much at all as I've seemed to gravitate more towards the tenor size. I originally bought this uke from HMS and they did their professional setup as always and I had them install an L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup which I found that I only ever used it once. This uke was signed by Jake Shimabukuro back in 2018 at his show in Wilmington, NC. I've only played it maybe 2 or 3 times since then. Despite it's great tone and playability, I just don't find myself playing this little beauty anymore. Hopefully one of you guys can get some more enjoyment from it!

Also comes with a Uke Crazy cnavas covered hard case!

Price: SOLD

HMS' Description:

Solid Mahogany top, back, and sides. Ebony faceplate, fingerboard and bridge. Rope marquetry rosette, pearl logo and position dots. Bone nut and saddle. Satin finish.

Pono's production standards are more exacting than your typical ukulele company. They are very involved in the building, and dedicated to making the highest quality ukulele you can find. This Pono MS is all solid woods, bone nut and saddle, and very high quality tuning keys. The sound is so open and warm that it competes in tone with high end sopranos! The feel is just right. You can dig in for dynamics and it won't "crap out" like less expensive sopranos. With more attack it gets louder and more full! If you want a high quality, built to last a lifetime, soprano ukulele, the Pono MS is a great choice for this price range. It has depth and character only a solid wood, professionally made ukulele can have.

Mahogany wood was used on almost all of the soprano Martin ukuleles. It has a classic tone that the ukulele became famous for. One thing to note is that these mahogany series Pono's are more expensive than the Acacia series ones. With most companies doing just the opposite, charging more for acacia, I asked Ko'olau why they did this. It's simple, "This is a very high quality Mahogany wood that costs us more than the Acacia wood, and many people prefer the tone of Mahogany over any other wood." This MS model is one of the best sopranos on the market. Come down to the store in Haleiwa or buy one from the site and experience this super fun soprano for yourself!

Attachments

• IMG_5999.jpg
    IMG_5999.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5994.jpg
    IMG_5994.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5998.jpg
    IMG_5998.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5996.jpg
    IMG_5996.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5995.jpg
    IMG_5995.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
What does the handwritten "2" on the label inside the soundhole stand for?

What does the handwritten "2" on the label inside the soundhole stand for?

I got this specific uke on sale on HMS and it said the price was reduced for a minimal blemish in the satin finish that was nearly invisible. I’ve looked for the blemish multiple times and haven’t been able to find it but I think the 2 was just to indicate to those at HMS that it was the one on sale for this reason

Top Bottom