NUD: Koaloha KTM-25 Silver Series

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all. Just wanted to share my latest addition, A Koaloha KTM-25#135 Silver tenor. I actually got it last Friday but I have a new 5 mth old baby, so my human child takes precedence over my ukulele children.

I have been wanting a Koaloha for years now but never manage to pull the trigger on one. Being part of this community I have always noticed that Koaloha owners have really loved their KTM's, even over their other K-brand ukuleles (not all but many). The new Silver series are beautiful with the new design, ebony headstock, and dark straight grain koa (my appreciation for this type of grain is only recent) so I decided to finally get one.

My initial impression when I opened up the box was, did they send me a concert!? It looked small compared to my Kamaka and my Kanile'a. The sticker in the sound hole indicates that is indeed a tenor.

The fit and finish of this ukulele is beautiful. The high gloss finish looks great, not as good as the Kanile'a UV finish, but awesome non the less. The straight grain koa has a lot of 3D koa texture when you look more closely. The Koaloha tuners are super smooth.

Intially the ukulele sounded super tight and the string spacing took a little getting used to. It was a bit more narrow then my other ukes (maybe more similiar in string spacing to my kala). I have been sneaking out to the balcony whenever the baby is sleep to really start to know this uke and break it in. The uke has really opened up and is indeed a canon. Sound is super rich and resonate with great highs and mids. The low end surprised me a bit because the body seemed on the smaller side to me but it really packed a huge punch.

Koaloha really makes some great ukes. This uke really delivers and is gorgeous. Its only been a few days with this uke but I imagine that it will continue to impress me.

Just thought I would share. Thanks UU

IMG_9949.jpg
IMG_9952.jpg
IMG_9950.jpg
IMG_9951.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats man that is stunning. This is the exact uke my buddy @nico_r15 is planning to get!

Nice! You've got a great example. There were two of these listed on HMS when I went to sleep last night and both have now gone. Neither were as nice as this though.

Wow! Congrats man that is stunning. This is the exact uke my buddy @nico_r15 is planning to get!

Thanks jmart161!

Nice! You've got a great example. There were two of these listed on HMS when I went to sleep last night and both have now gone. Neither were as nice as this though.

Thanks! Ya they go pretty quick. I had been eyeing few but they seem to go in a day or 2. I had to email some shops to see if when there were getting some. UkeRepublic had this one but hadn't posted it yet, but sent me some pics, I was like I'll take it.

Last edited:
Very nice, congrats!

Congrats!

I do love that KoAloha sound...

That's a beauty. Congrats on the new baby too. :)

Beautiful!
I recently bought a KCM-25. They look and sound great.

Great looking Ko'Aloha tenor.

You can play some pretty nice lullabies on it. Win/Win!

Congratulations on both of your new additions.

Where can i get one of these? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thx!

They may be hard to find now as they may be winding up producing them since it is now 2021. But on their FBook site, they showed some Red Labels in production on January 12. One concert showed up on the HMS site today and is already sold. There is a tenor "Factory Special" (one with a cosmetic blemish) on the Uke Like the Pros site.

I would contact HMS and ask if there are any more forthcoming and if so, could they set it aside for you. That is how I got my Red Label Silver Anniversary one.

I got a KTM-25 Factory Special from HMS back in November. They do go fast once listed on the website. It's a wonderful instrument. According to the stamp on the internal heel block, it was made in August. The cosmetic blemish is really hard to identify. The only difference between mine and a non-Factory Special is that it has a white label instead of a black one (and it was $100 less expensive). Here's mine:
My KTM-25FS 20986.jpg

Wow, that is a beauty!

Top Bottom