Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concert building plans.

Default Concert building plans.

I have assembled a Stewmack Tenor with a spruce top and find it a huge improvement over laminated beginner Tenor. Would like to take the next step and scratch build a Concert to add to my UAS. Have a well equipped wood shop including an 18 inch drum sander that will sand down to less than 2mm. Looking for a decent set of plans. Not adverse to paying a fair price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Want to buy printed plans as opposed to PDF downloads.
    Last edited by Ron Carter; 07-24-2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added last sentence

Elderly Music has the Scott Antes plans for a concert. You also may consider getting Graham McDonald’s book on ukulele construction
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

Just scale down your Tenor to a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Just scale down your Tenor to a concert.
    I found that the typical concert body dimensions are darn close to 90% of those of the tenor I built. Quite comfortable with the construction details from the kit. Might have to consider that too. I have built a number of wooden boats. Scaling plans more than about 10% up or down can create serious problems because lengths and volumes respond to scaling very differently.
    Last edited by Ron Carter; 07-24-2020 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added thought.

I have all the sizes of plans on my site. Generic plans abstracted from the average concert uke found here in Hawaii from 40 years of building and repairing ukes here. Order before the hurricane gets here on Saturday!--Bob/ Pegasus Guitars & Ukuleles

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBD View Post
    Elderly Music has the Scott Antes plans for a concert. You also may consider getting Graham McDonald’s book on ukulele construction
    Brad
    Unable to find plans on Elderly's web site. Now have McDonalds book on order. Thanks. At the rate I'm buying luthier books I'll soon have the price of a decent Concert invested. Consider it a good investment in learning a new craft.

Pegasus Guitars. Email sent.

This was a while back but could help.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ert+dimensions
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    This was a while back but could help.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ert+dimensions
    Adding the dimensions on the sketch of the Concert drawing gives an overall body length of 11 3/8 ". Most literature I've seen has the body length closer to 10 5/8". Am I missing something here?

I have the "Plan #71 – A Modern Ukulele Family" plans from GAL and the concert ukes are a full 11" on the body.

They specify a 14-5/16" scale for a 12 fret-to-body concert, and 15.5" for 14 fret.

My personal concert uke mold makes about a 10.8" long body and I use a 14.87" scale.
    Last edited by Tom Snape; 07-26-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Thread Information