Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danelectro Honeytone N-10 mini amp

Default Danelectro Honeytone N-10 mini amp

After 8 or ten years (more?),
    My faithful Honeytone is dying. Cycles LOUD soft LOUD soft - and it is not the battery

I have a weight limitation, so lugging this, my Uke, iPad Songbook and music stand, is about all I can carry.

And the Honeytone clips to my belt - hands free strolling minstrel show.

So, I’m looking to replace it.
    Cost ~$22 at many locations, including Guitar Center. I think I bought mine there for Cash. But I’ve never used a phone and credit card with them. They’ll do “to the car“ delivery, or shipping (?) for a price.
    But I’ve never done that with them.
    Amazon wants $35
    Other places do online $22 and free shipping.

I don’t do a lot of online purchases - especially for a silly item like this.

Any voices of experience as to recommended vendors?

Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant
    Jupiter #71, A, UG1

!Flukutronic!

Sweetwater is good with fast delivery. You might find one for less (used) on the main guitarcenter site. But Jim is right, you can't go wrong at Sweetwater for $21 new.

Sweetwater, Austin Bazaar, zZounds, and I've good service with Amazon when they're the shipper. For the last couple of months the items have arrived at least a day or two before the listed arrival date.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Sweetwater. They always come through for me.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Another Ukulele View Post
    ...I have a weight limitation, so lugging this, my Uke, iPad Songbook and music stand, is about all I can carry. And the Honeytone clips to my belt - hands free strolling minstrel show...
    Just wondering how you “stroll” with an iPad and music stand? Seriously, are you moving from one place to another? Or are you parking and then carrying your kit to a playing spot. I ask because I can recommend a Vox 5 amp elect/batt. I needed a small amp, mainly for my voice (mandolin is loud enough to cut right thru a random mix of acoustic instruments, mostly ukes and a few guitars), so I can lead a fairly,large jam w/o having to strain. It does have an instrument jack as well as a mic jack and aux jack, and a variety of “beat” patterns. I can plug-in a uke or guitar if I needed to; I can play a backing track (Strum Machine or YouTube) from my iPad or phone.

I had a bigger portable amp, a Roland Street Cube, which had much better tone and way louder but it was heavy for this old girl and I gifted it to my very happy guitarist son. The Vox https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...n-board-rhythm is 7.7 lbs, so it hits a sweet spot for me, being about as heavy as I want to carry, when I am lugging other stuff too, like ipad, stand, mic and an instrument. I also highly recommend an airturn stand https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...n-board-rhythm
    It is sturdy steel, folds to 18” and only weighs 2lbs. iPad holder screws right onto top thread and with the addition of a little clamp on mic holder, I am all set.

I do think the little clip on Honeytone sounds interesting if you are truly just wandering about performing with your relatively quiet instrument but have a loud enough voice to be heard from afar. I also use primary Sweetwater for online purchases. Highly reliable, good pricing and excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyf View Post
    Just wondering how you “stroll” with an iPad and music stand? Seriously, are you moving from one place to another? Or are you parking and then carrying your kit to a playing spot. I ask because I can recommend a Vox 5 amp elect/batt. I needed a small amp, mainly for my voice (mandolin is loud enough to cut right thru a random mix of acoustic instruments, mostly ukes and a few guitars), so I can lead a fairly,large jam w/o having to strain. It does have an instrument jack as well as a mic jack and aux jack, and a variety of “beat” patterns. I can plug-in a uke or guitar if I needed to; I can play a backing track (Strum Machine or YouTube) from my iPad or phone.

I had a bigger portable amp, a Roland Street Cube, which had much better tone and way louder but it was heavy for this old girl and I gifted it to my very happy guitarist son. The Vox https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...n-board-rhythm is 7.7 lbs, so it hits a sweet spot for me, being about as heavy as I want to carry, when I am lugging other stuff too, like ipad, stand, mic and an instrument. I also highly recommend an airturn stand https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...n-board-rhythm
    It is sturdy steel, folds to 18” and only weighs 2lbs. iPad holder screws right onto top thread and with the addition of a little clamp on mic holder, I am all set.

I do think the little clip on Honeytone sounds interesting if you are truly just wandering about performing with your relatively quiet instrument but have a loud enough voice to be heard from afar. I also use primary Sweetwater for online purchases. Highly reliable, good pricing and excellent customer service.
    A good friend hosts a Christmas Caroling party. My wife holds the iPad with the music while I play. And the amp carries the sound through the cool night air.

Otherwise, my Uke, stand, iPad and amp weigh ~10 pounds combined. And for venues where I need to sit, my wife usually comes with me and lugs the camp chairs.

My wife has been heaven blessed. Right now my current stand works, but I’ll check out your suggestion.

And to everyone, thanks for the Sweetwater suggestion. As I said, I don’t do a lot of online shopping. But with Covid... .

Lightbulb

Concur with bunnyf's suggestion - those amps would be a dramatic improvement over your Honeytone.
    Last edited by ampeep; 07-25-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Sounds like he likes his Honeytone. Just saying.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by ampeep View Post
    Concur with bunnyf's suggestion - those amps would be a dramatic improvement over your Honeytone.

The Vox sounds very nice. But at ~8 pounds plus ~2 pounds of ukulele = 10 pounds. That is my weight limit without anything added. The Honeytone is less than 1 pound. I must sacrifice “quality “ for the weight factor.
    To be explicit, too much weight can damage my spinal cord at the C3 C4.
    Hence, I’ll stick with my 1 pound Honeytone.
    <shrug>

Thread Information