help

uku man

Reaction score
don't know if this right place but need help. new at this and am building a pan uku for my grandson. got it all done but has no sound, i made it from nonstick cake pan,looks very nice, but has very little sound. trying to find why. please any help.

don't know if this right place but need help. new at this and am building a pan uku for my grandson. got it all done but has no sound, i made it from nonstick cake pan,looks very nice, but has very little sound. trying to find why. please any help.

A couple of thoughts. First, you might want to post this in the Luthier's forum. Some of the world's finest ukulele makers lurk there and they can be very helpful to others. It's quite wonderful to see.

Second, a picture or a set of pictures, or links to pictures in a Google folder, can be helpful.

thanks

A couple of thoughts. First, you might want to post this in the Luthier's forum. Some of the world's finest ukulele makers lurk there and they can be very helpful to others. It's quite wonderful to see.

Second, a picture or a set of pictures, or links to pictures in a Google folder, can be helpful.

just a cake pan,with neck and 4 strings

Deleted - double post.

John Colter

Last edited:
Is the cake pan too thick for the strings? What makes sound is the strings vibrating the soundboard (your cake pan bottom) and that soundboard pushing air. So if your strings don't have enough energy to vibrate the cake pan, then there's no sound.

Top Bottom