Aklot Bamboo Concert Ukulele

I like this idea, makes sense to me.

Although the majority of ukuleles have two pieces of wood on the top, back and often, sides, not one. And those pieces are generally smaller than laminate flooring pieces.

And also - isn't laminate flooring laminate down through the sheets (top to bottom) - I don't think it's called laminate because you put planks together.

Although the majority of ukuleles have two pieces of wood on the top, back and often, sides, not one. And those pieces are generally smaller than laminate flooring pieces.

And also - isn't laminate flooring laminate down through the sheets (top to bottom) - I don't think it's called laminate because you put planks together.

I was more thinking, if you don't want to call this uke solid bamboo, then what do you call it? Maybe "solid strip bamboo" is more appropriate than "plank".

My point with floors was that a solid wood floor is made from planks. A laminate wood floor is made from (laminated) planks. Just because the bamboo is in strips, doesn't make it laminate.

I'm fine with calling it solid, understanding that bamboo doesn't come in large sections. Playing devil's advocate, is a two piece top no longer solid?

Playing devil's advocate, is a two piece top no longer solid?

Oh, don't get me wrong - i'm with you - just saying that lots of solid woods are not truly solid.

The Bamboo ones have always amused me more than anything else. No, I don't think you can really call them 'solid' in the normal sense. But then again - it's not the bamboo's fault! Just kind of is what it is.

(Years back a uke club in UK released their own line of ukes - Moselele Bambookulele's - they had two - a laminate one where the bamboo was an outer bamboo veneer over a regular laminate body, and a 'solid' one - which was all just bamboo strips stuck together. I guess that works to differentiate them.)

Top Bottom