Season 441: "What's My Line?"

Greetings,

Great week! Still trying to listen to all vids. What a week to listen and enjoy life instead of the rest of a scrambled ranting of the news. Thanks Val for hosting.

:)

Many thanks, Del!

Here is the Wrap for the Season. No prizes, I'm afraid .. I am still a little wary about going to the Post Office; the service in French Post Offices is notoriously slow! I have compiled all the different occupations into the Wrap, though ... and it is quite interesting to see how many and varied they are. A propos of nothing, I was also interested to see, whilst putting the vid. together, just how many of the Seasonistas have beards (mainly the men!) ... is there something in this??? Anyway ....

...I was also interested to see, whilst putting the vid. together, just how many of the Seasonistas have beards (mainly the men!) ... is there something in this???
Yes Val - mainly whiskers! Although in some cases probably also a significant quantity of food crumbs and several small rodents! ;)

Great Wrap! Thanks a bunch for an interesting week!

Ciao and safe wishes to all.

Thank you, Jon and Geoff for your interesting observations on "beardedness". I have absolutely nothing against beards - my husband has had one forever! It was just fascinating to observe, when I was compiling the photos, how many Seasonistas were facially hirsute ... probably a larger proportion than in the general population. (I am desperately trying to remember who Mr. Twitt is ... is it a Roald Dahl story?)

And thank you, Lynda and Gina, for the kind words!

Last edited:
Saves $$ on sun screen!

Thanks for a wonderful season Val. I can

Many thanks, Andy!

As to this beard business, the explanations are becoming slightly surreal; they are cultivated to save $$$ in sunscreen, to compensate for lack of follicles on the "top floor", to provide habitats for small rodents ... But this STILL doesn't explain why they seem to be so favoured by ukulele players, where their preponderance far exceeds that in the general population. Could this be the subject for a doctoral thesis?

As to this beard business, the explanations are becoming slightly surreal; they are cultivated to save $$$ in sunscreen, to compensate for lack of follicles on the "top floor", to provide habitats for small rodents ... But this STILL doesn't explain why they seem to be so favoured by ukulele players, where their preponderance far exceeds that in the general population. Could this be the subject for a doctoral thesis?

It's simple - shaving is unnecessary time away from our ukes (or in my case the sofa!). :D

Funnily enough Val, I have just shaven mine all off. It was starting to feel like I was wearing a fur coat in the tropics!

Thanks for great hosting Val!

My beard is living on borrowed time after the lockdown, but I will still keep it just a little while.

Perhaps you are right, growing a beard and playing ukulele is both indicators of a laid back attitude. :)

Thanks for great hosting Val!

My beard is living on borrowed time after the lockdown, but I will still keep it just a little while.

Perhaps you are right, growing a beard and playing ukulele is both indicators of a laid back attitude. :)

Now THERE you might have it, Mikkel .. a logical, Danish point of view! (In that case, why is my beard taking so long to come through?)

(P.S. I think your beard looks really good!)

Top Bottom