Season 441: "What's My Line?"

Oh, dear...I spent yesterday and the day before working on an arrangement, recording, making the vid...then, late last night...before I was about to upload the video to my YT channel, I just decided — uh uh — this is a NO GO. I just don’t like how it turned out. :-( Heading back into ‘the studio’ to try again today...or, maybe I’ll just bag that song and try to go for another one. ;-)

So many awesome entries this week, Val — what a fab season! — xoxo

Oh, dear...I spent yesterday and the day before working on an arrangement, recording, making the vid...then, late last night...before I was about to upload the video to my YT channel, I just decided — uh uh — this is a NO GO. I just don’t like how it turned out. :-( Heading back into ‘the studio’ to try again today...or, maybe I’ll just bag that song and try to go for another one. ;-)

Sorry to hear that, Chelle! Do hope you'll be able to bring something this week ... but don't wear yourself out in the process! xoxo

'Tis what it be and what it be is OoooooArrrrrrrrrrr.....
Savvy ?

Hey,

Fitting for the pandemic, I chose “Doctor my Eyes” by Jackson Browne. Hope all are well.

Ciao

Yep. Been there. Got the T-shirt.

OK, Val, are you jinxing me? ;D I have had all kinds of technical issues, today, trying to do a song for this week (Remember, the last time you hosted, I had terrible tech issues then, too! ;)) — I bagged the first one I did after recording for two days AND making an entire vid for it...then, I learned a new song today to do, and I have been plagued by one tech issue after another — I lost my main uke track with main vocal trying to export to iMovie. :-/ I fortunately had the video with main track and main uke, but darn it, I am unable to extract the audio to plug into GarageBand. That said, what’s being served up is main track and vocals from the vid take, then the audio that was left over from what I had created in GarageBand — Which is the back up ukulele and vocals — it sounds...different.

OK. It might totally suck, but I’m throwing my hands in the air on this now. :)

Even despite the issues...I learned two new songs and well, really, truth is, it’s all good and I’m rollin’ with it!

Last edited:
And Good Morning & etc. to you all again from a still very hot France. We were promised storms yesterday evening, but they never arrived. Big thanks to CeeJay, Gina and Chelle, who came in overnight with a pirate, a doctor and an astronaut respectively ... and NO, Chelle, I am NOT jinxing you (but I am so glad that you managed to come through with a lovely song despite your technical issues.) It's the weekend now, so I hope that, with time to relax, you will be able to bring me yet more occupations ... there must be some out there that haven't received an honourable mention yet!

Hi Val, wasn't planning anything but when I'd finished doing this as a lesson for a friend it dawned on me that sculptors and potion makers are professions.
I still think this is his best song, hopefully I haven't totally murdered it.

A (kind of novelty) song about a blacksmith from 1961 - "Sepa jutustus" (The Blacksmith's Tale) by Ülo Halling and Arved Haug. In Estonian.

Thank you, Meredith .. that was lovely; songs from bands whose names are trades or professions haven't figured largely so far this week.

And - apropos of nothing - here is the French lesson for today.

In France, a heatwave is strangely called a "canicule." This is of Latin derivation and apparently comes from the arrival of the Dog Star (Canis Majoris) in the sky, which heralds summer and the start of hot weather. And, when you are overcome with the heat you can be said to "transpire comme un boeuf" (sweat like a bullock) ... although I am sure I only ever perspire gently! Now you know!

And in English, "Dog Days" is the time of sultry weather in July and August.

Been there, done that.

I wasn't sure If I'd get a second done this week but I found a little time to record this song I wrote some time ago about weather forecasters. I've tried a little slide ukulele, the ukulele is tuned to open C.

I finally found time to do a song for this week. This is by the band Blitzen Trapper.

Top Bottom