NUD!! CL score...

wdonley

Reaction score
NUD!! CL score. MP uke....

Answered a CL “moving sale” ukulele & stand ad. Now the new owner of an MP custom tenor. Cedar top, Peruvian rosewood back and sides. Flame maple binding. He even filled the bridge pins with MOP. #967. I had one of his concerts before. Really like the neck profile he uses. Cool for me, he’s a local. Used to live across the street from me. Definitely was a moving sale price. So low, even I wouldn’t try to dicker. Sold my first one in a big sell off to pay Moms medical bills. I’m stoked to have another!IMG_3204.jpgIMG_3208.jpgIMG_3209.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3206.jpg

Last edited:
BIG Congratulations. Great score.

I'm a huge fan of Mike Pereira's work. He builds great ukes. Yours has his older tulip headstock design. I love the woods he used in your tenor. I'll bet it sounds great as well. I have mine strung with Living Waters strings. Ken Middleton had a couple of custom ukes made by Mike and the strings seem to be very simpatico with his builds.

Email or call Mike. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know what he can about your tenor.

Enjoy it. It should be fully opened up and sounding wonderful.

It does sound great. I a/b'ed it with my vintage Martin tenor. I prefer Mikes. It's far better then what my abilities deserve. But, I know enough to appreciate a nice instrument, and I do.....

Last edited:
Great looking uke, are those Ko'olau strings?

A good deal and a great uke! You have more than one reason to play the uke more!! Congratulations!

So did the seller not really know what they had?

No, he’d custom ordered it. Moving, boxes everywhere. Said he hadn’t played it in years. It was pretty dusty. I’m happy to polish it back up!

Awesome find. That looks great!

Great looking uke, are those Ko'olau strings?
That's what I wondered. I hadn't even seen those Ko'olau golds in years. I tried them some back in the day.

Congrats!
I didn't know any better, and at first blush, I thought its strings were guitar ones. Oops!

Top Bottom