Herb Alpert Medley

Nice work. Trumpet major here. I grew up with all of these pieces and played most of them in wedding bands. I studied with a guy named Carmine Caruso in the mid 70's and Herb was also a student with him at that time. Herb had quit playing for a time and was having some chop issues. Carmine was a well known chop doc in NYC.
When the pandemic is over go see Herb and his wife Lani Hall perform. We saw them a few years ago, one of the best shows I've ever been to. Lani was one of the lead singers with Sergio Mendes. She's worth the price of admission by herself. Herb was about 80, played nonstop for 2 and a half hours and never sat down.
They don't really do any Tijuana Brass material with the exception of a short medley. Most of their material is the great American Songbook down Brazilian style. We were supposed to see them last May. The theatre booked them for next summer and we kept the tickets.

My wife heard you and wants me to learn.
I think you are playing in For, I’m cobbling something In Can.
Any chance that you would be willing to provide the chords or Tabs?

Wow. Great playing. Thoroughly enjoy listening to your Herb Alpert medley.

I think I was able to pick up "Spanish Flea", and "Tijuana Taxi". Makes me want to go on the Dating Game. Oh wait, too late and too old for that.

Thanks.

I think you are playing in For, I’m cobbling something In Can.
Any chance that you would be willing to provide the chords or Tabs?

Sorry, what are For and Can?

And I do not have any tabs or chords. I learn the songs to the original versions, practice them a few days, record them and then slowly start forgetting the arrangements.
I tried once to scribe one down, takes WAY too long...
If I need to play one of my arrangements again I have to relearn it myself by my own videos.

Great stuff. I am very jealous!! lol

Great job on a timeless band performance.

Sorry,
I think you were playing Tijuana Taxi in ‘F’ - auto spell correct
I’ve got it in C
Amazed that you work so much by ear.
But, if anyone is interested, my rough version is:

C. G7. G7 C
A7. Dm. G7. Stop
C. C
C. G7. G7. C
A7. Dm. G7. Stop
C. C

G7. G7. C. C
A7. A7. Dm. Dm
F. Fm
C. A7
Dm. G7. C. C.

But I love it! Thanks. I’m playing around with it everyday

Fantastic-- takes me back to my early teen years transfixed by the nude woman covered in whipped cream on the album cover!!

Top Bottom