Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moore Bettah, testing water

Default Moore Bettah, testing water

No longer available, it went to a great ukulele player.
    Last edited by Ukujiji; 08-17-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Moore Bettah Master Koa Tenor #2002 "Tiki Time"
    LFDM Tenor Sinker redwood+ Cocobolo
    Kamaka HF-3
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano
    Risa stick Concert
    Kala Baritone

I think you will regret selling this ukulele. It’s a beautiful ukulele and it’s a Moore Bettah! Nuff said. You have two nice ukuleles with your Kamaka and LFDM.....but this is a Moore Bettah. It will open up.... it will age well. It will sound fantastic. Give it time, play it, enjoy!

IMHO........

Well, you have to assess your personal financial situation. But you will likely never have another chance at a MB uke. And it should hold its value so that if you decide to sell it in a few years, it should bring you a similar selling price.

If ukulele playing is really important to you, try to hold on to it since you are young and can wait for it to open up.

Disclosure: I have no personal interest in the buying or selling of this ukulele since it is a tenor.

Oh wow, that thing is a real stunner! FWIW, I don't think it's a waste to have a Koa low G and a Redwood low G. They are totally different tone woods, and could really compliment one another in your repertoire. Unless you are desperate for funds, I agree that you would probably regret selling your MBU. Spend the time playing it now and look at the time as an investment.
    Soprano
    KoAloha Opio - Acacia

Tenors
    aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird - Spruce/Rosewood
    Jupiter Ukulele #64 - Cedar/Sycamore
    Kanile'a K1-T Premium - Koa
    KoAloha KTM-00 - Koa (for sale)

email kamintheweaver @ gmail.com if interested in a purchase

Baritone+
    Kanile'a K1-B - Koa
    Pono UL4-30 - Spruce/Rosewood Steel String

On the one hand, I'm interested in buying it if close to the direct price from Chuck. On the other, I don't think you should sell it given how hard it is to get one in the first place--unless you're looking to sell it at a significant markup to your cost basis, in which case, Moore Bettahs are a hot market now and all the power to you for selling it at what the market will bear. I'd rather have you take the profit directly than it go to a reseller who will mark it up and flip it and eat your lunch...

Thank you guys for your inputs. I could use some money but not to a point that I need to sell any of my ukes. I mostly just feel guilty of not playing the MBU enough. Every time I glance at the MBU, the face on the headstock just screams :"Pick me up and play me", haha. This ukulele feels more like a persona than an instrument to me.

It's like in gym class, you are picking good players in your team, while your best friend just stares at you and waits to be picked, it's not a good feeling.
    Moore Bettah Master Koa Tenor #2002 "Tiki Time"
    LFDM Tenor Sinker redwood+ Cocobolo
    Kamaka HF-3
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano
    Risa stick Concert
    Kala Baritone

I’m not going to tell you what to do, but I thought it sound Amazing!

Tom
    TomtheBaptist

You can always buy any of the other brands you have. Money might not be able to buy you another MB. I say keep it.
    If you think it needs opening up I know some use the tone rite machine that’s vibrates the soundbox to help it open up.

Lots of info on them guitar players use them and then they made a ukulele model. I tried it on a couple of Uke’s and could hear the difference afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukujiji View Post
    Hello, UU friends.

It's been my dream to have a MBU since I started play ukulele, now that I have it, it becomes my least played ukulele once my honeymoon phase passed. Because this is a newly made ukulele, it sounds tight comparing to aged instrument. I go to my kamaka for high g, I grab my lfdm for lowg. It is a very awkward situation, I find myself pick up the MBU to look at more than to play it.

I know that this MBU will probably be my favorite ukulele once it open up in a few years, but it is both financially irresponsible and wasteful for me to have a beautiful ukulele "for display", meanwhile someone else could've enjoyed it, and I could really use this money. I don't know if I really want to sell the instrument yet, nor do I know how to price it. I paid a really good price for what this instrument offers( one of the best koa I've seen, headstock inlay.) Send me a message if you are interested. Let me know what do you think, should I keep it or sell it?

About the instrument:

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/B3fPNXcT8Do1vsEF8
    High G sound: https://youtu.be/Hr4HwPl1z2Q
    Low G sound: https://youtu.be/frxlVn1AeHY

Instrument is made in February 2020. It is in perfect condition.

Never keep a uke in the hope it will change and you will connect.. Some one else might connect with it right now..
    That said, MBUs are special and this one amazing to look at and I heard the YouTube videos and they sound amazing. Let me know if you still want to sell.

You got to put playing time in to get it to open up! Put your other ukes in their cases
    and start strumming it as a often as possible. Letting it just sit will not open it up.
    Maybe you’ll find it’s more than you expected or maybe it’s not your cup of tea....play
    it as much as you can. Decide later!

Thread Information