Sold

Ukujiji

Reaction score
No longer available, it went to a great ukulele player.:D

Last edited:
I think you will regret selling this ukulele. It’s a beautiful ukulele and it’s a Moore Bettah! Nuff said. You have two nice ukuleles with your Kamaka and LFDM.....but this is a Moore Bettah. It will open up.... it will age well. It will sound fantastic. Give it time, play it, enjoy!

IMHO........

Well, you have to assess your personal financial situation. But you will likely never have another chance at a MB uke. And it should hold its value so that if you decide to sell it in a few years, it should bring you a similar selling price.

If ukulele playing is really important to you, try to hold on to it since you are young and can wait for it to open up.

Disclosure: I have no personal interest in the buying or selling of this ukulele since it is a tenor.

Oh wow, that thing is a real stunner! FWIW, I don't think it's a waste to have a Koa low G and a Redwood low G. They are totally different tone woods, and could really compliment one another in your repertoire. Unless you are desperate for funds, I agree that you would probably regret selling your MBU. Spend the time playing it now and look at the time as an investment.

On the one hand, I'm interested in buying it if close to the direct price from Chuck. On the other, I don't think you should sell it given how hard it is to get one in the first place--unless you're looking to sell it at a significant markup to your cost basis, in which case, Moore Bettahs are a hot market now and all the power to you for selling it at what the market will bear. I'd rather have you take the profit directly than it go to a reseller who will mark it up and flip it and eat your lunch...

Thank you guys for your inputs. I could use some money but not to a point that I need to sell any of my ukes. I mostly just feel guilty of not playing the MBU enough. Every time I glance at the MBU, the face on the headstock just screams :"Pick me up and play me", haha. This ukulele feels more like a persona than an instrument to me.

It's like in gym class, you are picking good players in your team, while your best friend just stares at you and waits to be picked, it's not a good feeling.:wallbash:

I’m not going to tell you what to do, but I thought it sound Amazing!

Tom

You can always buy any of the other brands you have. Money might not be able to buy you another MB. I say keep it.
If you think it needs opening up I know some use the tone rite machine that’s vibrates the soundbox to help it open up.

Lots of info on them guitar players use them and then they made a ukulele model. I tried it on a couple of Uke’s and could hear the difference afterwards.

Hello, UU friends.

It's been my dream to have a MBU since I started play ukulele, now that I have it, it becomes my least played ukulele once my honeymoon phase passed. Because this is a newly made ukulele, it sounds tight comparing to aged instrument. I go to my kamaka for high g, I grab my lfdm for lowg. It is a very awkward situation, I find myself pick up the MBU to look at more than to play it.

I know that this MBU will probably be my favorite ukulele once it open up in a few years, but it is both financially irresponsible and wasteful for me to have a beautiful ukulele "for display", meanwhile someone else could've enjoyed it, and I could really use this money. I don't know if I really want to sell the instrument yet, nor do I know how to price it. I paid a really good price for what this instrument offers( one of the best koa I've seen, headstock inlay.) Send me a message if you are interested. Let me know what do you think, should I keep it or sell it?

About the instrument:

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/B3fPNXcT8Do1vsEF8
High G sound: https://youtu.be/Hr4HwPl1z2Q
Low G sound: https://youtu.be/frxlVn1AeHY

Instrument is made in February 2020. It is in perfect condition.

:music:
Never keep a uke in the hope it will change and you will connect.. Some one else might connect with it right now..
That said, MBUs are special and this one amazing to look at and I heard the YouTube videos and they sound amazing. Let me know if you still want to sell.

You got to put playing time in to get it to open up! Put your other ukes in their cases
and start strumming it as a often as possible. Letting it just sit will not open it up.
Maybe you’ll find it’s more than you expected or maybe it’s not your cup of tea....play
it as much as you can. Decide later!

As a somewhat random person on the web, I say play it like your other two tenors and let your mind and heart decide over time which ones are best. Agreed that assuming the instrument's resale value will hold and that you don't need to spend the money now (or want something else instead), hang onto it for enough time (12 months at least??) so that whatever decision you make, you will be content with it for years to come.

Fwiw, I once finally bought a car that I've always wanted, only to find out almost a decade later that I thought is was sooo nice that I rarely drove it! My only regret is that had I known that car would have become a garage queen, I would have bought a more collectable model from that marque to recapture more of my $$ upon selling. Perfectly happy I am now to be driving a car less than half that cost, because I get as much joy and need not worry about putting a few marks on it.

Guess I'm saying that I hope you aren't holding back your enjoyment of the uke because of it's cost and value. Totally understood if those factors do affect your enjoyment of the instrument. Playing time will let you sort them out without feeling conflicted or undecided.

Last edited:
Play it! Make yourself play it every day, play your full repertoire of songs on it. Put all the other ukes away and only pay this for a month.

Invest the time in it, I think you'd regret selling it...

I have no problem playing an expensive instrument, I played it just like I do with my other instruments.
It's just I have very very picky ears. ( more like a sick sick obsession) I play a lot of fast strumming and heavy attack stuff, it is so "intolerable" to play such music on a bright instrument. I end up only play slow quiet songs on my MBU, which results in less play time. The less I play, the longer it takes to open up, it is a paradox.

Brad shared a similar story, his MBU was really bright when he got it that he doesn't know what to do with it. Over the years, it opened up. https://youtu.be/Biifv6-NeD0

I am a new business grad student, it is hard to watch this expensive instrument sit in my cabinet instead of being played knowing that I could probably double the its value in a few years if I put such money in investment.

I just ordered a tonerite machine as uke man suggested, I hope it'll awake the MBU.

Last edited:
Wow. As my wife would say with a smile 'First world problems!' :D

Keep it unless Mac and cheese becomes breakfast, lunch and dinner for at least 3-6 months ;)

Since we're talking returns for investment, how about thinking this as a long term 'investment?' It could pan out or it could not. Hopefully you've got skin in other endeavors (i.e. diversification) so you're fine either way?

Another fwiw, this ukulele looks top notch. Unless there's something that's less than what you wanted, better to wait and see?

I have no problem playing an expensive
I am a new business grad student, it is hard to watch this expensive instrument sit in my cabinet instead of being played knowing that I could probably double the its value in a few years if I put such money in investment.

I just ordered a tonerite machine as uke man suggested, I hope it'll awake the MBU.

1. You’d lose money when you sell it. How long will it take for an investment to recover that gap? And is it because everyone’s looking at the market at the moment? Is the market the new MBU? Also, the market will make you more money potentially but you can’t really compare the two.

2. As they say in other forums that I’m a member of, if it crossed your mind and you’re asking the question here, you probably know the answer already and that would be, sell it. You’re not enjoying it as much as you thought you would.

FWIW, I think bright instruments require a different approach. Listen to some Baroque period performance recordings for inspiration, file down those fingernails, and see what you can make out of the dynamically restricted but timbrally flexible instrument.

I'd recommend selling it unless you come around to loving it in short order. It's a fantastic 'ukulele; it shouldn't be relegated to becoming cabinet candy.

Your mood and tastes will change over time. I’ve got a Koaloha Black Label that I’ve never really bonded with, but I won’t sell it because it’s special like your Moore Bettah. Some days, it’s the only uke I want to pick up and play. Keep it as part of your collection and think you were very lucky to buy it directly from Chuck; otherwise you’ll regret it later.

Top Bottom