Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Koa - bright and chirpy as you would expect

624FD5E2-5469-4F7D-9740-59BE62299B39.jpg

Walnut - rich and well balanced

IMG_4885.jpg

Korina - somewhere between the two but more spruce like

IMG_1229 2.jpg

Got no idea why the orientation is all over the place...

Well here they are the right way up in a sound comparison. It's Facebook I know but the video is public and you can view it without being a member either of FB or my 'Club'

And to answer your question: the body and necks are Korina. In my opinion it is interesting to note that the most homogenous sounding of the three and the one that I prefer is the all Korina Nautilus....

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the video. Really neat to hear the different woods back to back like that. With the volume you're building you must get a good feel for the differences.

I'm really fascinated by this revelator design, I hadn't heard of it prior to joining this forum and finding your facebook page a few weeks ago. Have you ever shared any details on the structure? It seems to have such great tone and volume for what looks like a very thin body. What a surprise to hear how it sounds. Is it built up from bent sides and braced top and back like a traditional acoustic instrument? Or does it have a thicker unbraced top and back/sides hollowed out from a solid piece and as you'd do with a semi hollow electric?

Editing to add - I found an older video on your facebook page that answered most of my questions. Just want to say again, this is a really interesting design. Probably the most creative small acoustic design I've ever seen. Really great stuff, thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom