Spam?

Nickie

Reaction score
How come every time I try to include a link in my posts, I get back:
Forbidden, appears to be SPAM?
I have never, ever spammed here!

That happens from time to time. Some have suggested to post without the link then go back and edit it in

Because this site uses a simple algorithm to automatically spot spam, and it ain't as good as using a real human to moderate every post. And a real human would have to be paid and this is a free forum. But, yeah, edit post and add the link and it will probably work unless, of course, you were locked out for too many spam attempts (happened me trying to link to one of my YouTube creations).

This happened to me, too, Nickie; I got the Forbidden error message when I tried to share a link to one of Jon Duncan’s (formerly Eugene Ukulele) uke videos in a thread I posted. I was also locked out for almost a day from being able to post anything else after that. Frustrating. :-(

That happened to me.
After trying to re-submit the post for more than 10 times, eventually I found the reason. I included a link in my post and the forum doesn't like it.
Now I post it without the link, after it's posted successfully, I come back and edit the post to add the link.
That works...

Top Bottom