Hi!! Here's my little uke family

Chewy92510

Reaction score
Hello! First post on here. Been playing on and off for a year or so. Have taken it way more serious now that I'm working from home.. So our family has grown a bit.. Started off with a Big island that never really worked for me.. Then moved to a Pepe super tenor, not pictured, loved it but gave it to my GF so she can learn. Now I'm onto the 4K's.. I have two Kanile'a Tenors, one Diamond super tenor and an OHA. Also have a K3 in queue for setup at The uke site.. The last two are a Kamaka HF-3 and a Koaloha New Ktm-00. The Koolau will be tough, and honestly I may never obtain one since Noa's ukes are all 1 3/8 nut width from what I understand, but i'm very happy with what we have now and if I only ever had these I'd be totally cool with that. Pics below!!

20200731_165540.jpg20200731_165512.jpg20200731_165446.jpg20200731_165417.jpg20200731_165341.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome collection you got going! I'm curious- if you had to part with one which would it be? If you had to keep just one forever which would it be?

Hmm.. Good question. I'd probably part with the OHA first. Only because it's the easiest to replace. I love it, and even tho I consider it my "campfire" uke I love how it sounds. For what it is.. It's kind of amazing actually, I think so anyway. Also, the Koaloha was from the very first batch of newly designed Tenors the ukulele site received from Koaloha, so I feel lucky to have snagged one.. And well, the Kamaka is a Kamaka. It was my dream ukulele for a long time.. Love it. Sounds even better than I'd hoped it would. But without a doubt the Diamond tenor would be the last to go. I could just have that one and I'd be happy. I'll never get rid of it. Everything about it is perfect for me.. I'm hoping the K3 gives it a run for it's money tho!!

Thanks for asking!!

CHEERS!!

kanile_a_k-3_tp_23161-01.jpg

Wow, someone has great taste in ukes! That Diamond Super Tenor looks amazing! :shaka:

Welcome to UU Chewy92510.
I like your ukulele collection. May your beautiful instruments inspire and motivate you (and your girlfriend if she's allowed to touch them).

Welcome to UU! That's a nice collection!

Excellent collection. You obviously really like the sound of Koa.

I know what you mean about the Ko'olau being very pricey. Since all of Noah's instruments are custom—well almost all. You would probably be able to get whatever nut size you want.

Of course, it's the string width that's the important measurement, not necessarily the nut width. Ko'Aloha has a wider nut and neck, but the string spacing is a standard 3/8". (At least it is on my older model.)

Enjoy your great ukes.

I hear ya.. All 38mm nuts are not alike. I learned that from the ko'Aloha when I received it. I was really surprised with the spacinge. I've been emailing back and forth with Noa and hopefully we can make it work. No doubt he has the skill to make whatever.. I'll report back with what we come up with! (Thinking curley sinker top, Clara walnut back and sides, ebony binding and rossete with blue purfling..) tbc

Top Bottom